Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

on 6 January 2012
As someone with a lot of stress caused by a spinal injury 10 years ago and now struggling with clinical depression as a result, I have found Leela really very helpful. The relaxation and Meditation section in particular. It actually follows so closely with what the CPN was getting me to do, with breathing exercises that when she saw it she advised me to continue using it. The instruction led meditation is very effective and has helped me to lower my levels of anxiety.

Leela is not all about meditation. There is a kind of game section to it as well. This is not like any other game you will have found on the X-Box and is more spiritual than anything I guess, but I found the game part of it quite helpful too because it offers me gentle exercise. This is something other titles only touch on in passing, or don't do at all.

What I am saying about Leela is obviously chalk and cheese to the previous reviewer, but maybe they had different needs to me. If you are a person with health issues and want to be doing some form of exercise, but find normal modes of exercise to difficult this may be worth considering. Leela is a package that is quite odd when you first start it and in many ways seems stereotypical of far eastern mediative philosophy, that some may still decide is not for them. However, many health services in the UK are turning to these types of therapy, so there is plainly something in it.

I recently responded to a conversation about Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2012, where someone had argued that exercise has to be hard to have an effect. This is totally inaccurate and Leela is a package that offers exercise for those of us that are severely challenged physically but are not ready to give up totally. I now use Leela most days and believe that I am seeing positive results from it. Even though I am using it most days I think I am still only scratching the surface. When you have mobility issues everything runs to a different time table :o). I like Leela a lot and I think it's something that will appeal if it's given a chance.

Finally I will just say that there are other ways of achieving what Leela does and they may be a bit cheaper, but in the technology hungry community we have, something that does this on your TV screen and is interactive will appeal to many.
on 26 January 2012
Firstly, anything that carries Deepak Chopra's name is going to be a product of some quality. My wife and I really enjoy Your Shape: Fitness Evolved which incorporate yoga and tai-chi elements. But here, finally, is a unique way to practice meditation, deep breathing and develop a greater sense of spirit and well-being, using the kinect system.

There is plenty of choice in the PLAY area, and the REFLECT area gives a more traditional approach to relaxation and openness through meditative techniques.

Obviously you shouldn't be buying this if you're a game-nut looking to blow things up. That is not what Leela is about at all. Rather, it is about creation, gentle movement and nurturing your spiritual centre.

The graphics and music are lovely.

Altogether - a joy!
on 11 March 2013
I bought this as an experiment. I never thought I would get into meditation. This is really quite good and may yet help me lower my blood pressure.
on 23 October 2015
Mint condition, very strange "Game". but the kinect has gotta be used for something apart from shouting at the Xbox 360!
on 12 February 2014
I'll be honest, I didn't this would be as amazing as it is! I've read some Deepak Chopra, so when I saw this (and it was only about a tenner) I thought I'd give it a go.
It's such a lovely use of Kinect - the movements are slow and deliberate, the graphics are lovely to look at - but most importantly, the meditation "still" parts are just that. They give you a few minutes to be still, and reconnect with the world, not just be a fast-moving blur *in* it. I use Leela every day, sometimes for only a few minutes, sometimes for a lot longer. Please don't be expecting a game in the traditional sense, because it really isn't. It's a way of playing to help you relax and meditate, and find some of that time we all wish we had.
Don;t get me wrong, I love playing Doom 3, or Super Mario, or whatever as much as the next man - but this game is wonderful. If you're maybe thinking about going to a mediation class or something, give this game a go.
on 19 September 2015
only used it once ,very calm but strange because you dont feel like your doing anything.
on 15 October 2014
nothing to do with the seller, I just didn't like this product, slow and boring
on 11 November 2014
Its Okay I did expect more from this man
on 27 April 2015
GREAT SERVICE, VERY HAPPY A PLUS:)
on 24 March 2015