Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 7 Nov 2007 13:02:22 GMT
I get the impression it will ruin things like fish or chicken in breadcrumbs because of the rotating arm thingy. Am I right?

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Nov 2007 12:43:05 GMT
Clever Spud says:
I haven't tried breaded products but I'd say you're 100% right. Fish would probably be too delicate to cook in it but chicken could be cooked skinless and with your preferred herbs and spices added to the cooking oil. When it's done the chicken should have a reasonably consistent coating and be healthier too.

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Dec 2007 18:47:42 GMT
Well, in the end I bought one. And we love it. We don't make anything in breadcrumbs but we do 'fry' all manner of vegetable which taste delicious. The 40 minute (average) cooking time isn't a problem either if you simply plan it in. Cleaning it is a doddle too. So easy in fact I prefer to wash it in a second in the sink rather than the dishwasher. My two favourites foods are large chips with cayenne pepper and parsnips with a dash of sugar to caramelise them. A truly innovative kitchen appliance.

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Jan 2008 20:13:24 GMT
Last edited by the author on 20 Jan 2008 20:16:05 GMT
JUDY says:
Yeh you are right, I tried scampi, but they all broke up. I have also used my actifry to cook chicken on its own, and it worked very well, very tender.

Posted on 13 Apr 2012 20:44:39 BDT
Has anybody tried removing the rotating arm and see what it does? I just went to the kitchen to see if it operates without the rotating arm and it does indeed still continue cooking. Maybe at most if the arm is the one responsible turning the food, how about just setting the timer and flipping say the battered fish once?

Posted on 2 Nov 2012 09:30:16 GMT
Ms Green says:
I've just brough a tefal Actifry, but thr recipes are base on boaring recipes, i like to cook Beef, Chicken, lamb and fish with bone in, Can i use my Actifry to cook these?

Posted on 2 Nov 2012 09:33:55 GMT
Last edited by the author on 2 Nov 2012 09:35:09 GMT
Ms Green says:
I've just brough a tefal Actifry, but thr recipes are base on boaring recipes, i like to cook Beef, Chicken, lamb and fish with bone in, Can i use my Actifry to cook these?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  7 Nov 2007
Latest post:  2 Nov 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Acti-Fry by Tefal AL800040  Low Fat Electric Fryer, 1 kg Capacity, White, OLD
Acti-Fry by Tefal AL800040 Low Fat Electric Fryer, 1 kg Capacity, White, OLD by Tefal
4.2 out of 5 stars   (1,037)