A few months ago I had no idea who Stavia was. I accidently came across her online one day when looking for more piano- pop artists (yes I'm a piano junkie to the highest degree) and I took a few listens to Stavia. I grew to love the way her music sounded, soft with an underlying power just like Dido. Now as for her sounding like Dido in a way she does but she certainly has her own style in her music that seperates them. I would call Stavia's album a mixture of soft rock/ adult alternative and so for fans of such music you should try Stavia out.
Here is a review for the whole album:
1)Falling- A- Lovely song, with some romantic lyrics that would make anyone sigh dreamily.
2) I Don't Need You- A- One of the strongest songs on here, and would be a great single. Not sure if it is or not but I would make it a single with it's strength of music in the background, and the way Stavia sings it makes it addictive.
3) Just Can't Help It- B+- Pales somewhat in comparison to the previous track but definitely is catchy and I like the sound of the song.
4) Break Loose- A- This song is very beautiful with an introduction of a piano and then in the chorus a powerful guitar sound making this song unforgettable.
5) Broken- Hearted- A- I really enjoy this song the way Stavia sings it. Catchy with some awesome background sound I think this is single- worthy as well.
6) Vulnerable- B+ - A much softer, slower song with a charm to it that catches you immediately. Stavia sure knows how to take you up on some tracks and then down gently and then song just flows lovely.
7) Nothing So Loud- B - This song is not bad I like it but I think it sort of pales in comparison to the rest of the album but I still enjoy it.
8) Lucky Day- B+ - The album picks up again with this more upbeat song and I enjoy the sound of the song.
9) Infatuation- A- - Another more soft, slow song and Stavia is as charming as ever on this song. I like the way she put this song together and I really like the lyrics.
10) Coming Home- B - I consider this the only real song I pass. It is not that good sounding of a song to me unfortunately, the beginning sounds all right but the chorus isn't that strong to me.
11) The Tide Has Turned- A- An excellent ending to the album. I love this song it is slower, with Stavia's beautiful voice coming out in the chorus. The chorus is indeed the highlight of this song and the mood of the song is lovely.
Overall I really find this a worthwhile album. Stavia is a talented women with lovely vocals and a taste for great music. I hope she continues to grow with her music for I would love to hear more from her in the future. I think she will only get better.
If you want to hear some of her music clips go to cdbaby.com and type in her name.