Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.29

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 21 June 2014
Deep Surrendering (Episode 4) really focuses on developing the relationship between Marisol and Fin and I liked how with Marisol taking more control, their relationship had a different edge in this instalment.

Although this book did focus a lot on their sexual relationship, I felt like their connection was a lot more real just in general. I loved that Fin’s revealing of secrets wasn’t forgotten, and I definitely wasn’t expecting what we found out in this episode! It wasn’t ground-breaking but it was interesting and gives a much better insight into what turned Fin into the person he has become.

I had been expecting this episode to be a bit more dramatic and less straightforward, especially since Episode 3 was quite easy-going. I do love seeing Fin and Marisol’s feelings develop though and the ending was great, although I did miss an added scene from Fin’s POV.

Chelsea always does a great job at teasing and leaving us in anticipation for the next book. She did it again here as Deep Surrendering (Episode 4) has set up Episode 5 really well and I’m thinking and hoping that there will be a big, unexpected twist to shake things up next.

4/5.

*Book gifted for honest review.
As this is the fourth installment the review may contain spoilers for the previous episodes.

While this episode didn’t push the boundaries that the others have, the insight into Finn and his ‘issues’ is slowly starting to piece together. For all his control strategies (insert K***y F*****y here) it is obvious that it isn’t what he really needs. Breaking down his barriers is not only a challenge for Marisol but a necessity. The levels of anticipation awaiting the moment that is going to change everything is literally off the charts while reading.

Chelsea Cameron very cleverly drops pieces of the puzzle that is Finn into the narrative allowing the reader to delve into his personality and speculate (wildly I might add) as to his secrets. Very little is revealed in this episode. Instead it concentrates on the character development and relationship dynamics. Adding depth both to the characters and the story.

The quick glimpse of Finn’s father and his influence over Finn adds to the puzzle. The plot is leading towards all things ‘wrong’ with Finn being connected in some way to his father (shudders).

Marisol is a very perceptive character, she has excellent natural instincts that she has learned to trust. It makes her relationship with Finn more relatable and her reaction to Finn’s father profound.

I have to say I was a little disappointed not to get a chapter from Finn’s point of view in this episode, I love seeing things from both perspectives :)

With the completion of each episode comes the desperation for more immediately. Chelsea Cameron has completely nailed the art of anticipation aka torturing her readers :)