Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.99

on 9 August 2012
I was pleasantly surprised by this book. Normally I wouldn't have given it a second glance with such a crass title. Sounds like a heavy metal album. But it was free and so I thought I'd give the author a go. Very glad I did. Leaving aside the issues other contributors have made about spelling (poor scanning quality no doubt), this is a good little story. Its not long or very complicated but it is interesting and quite exciting. Set in a future of humans on many planets, the main protagonist finds himself in trouble and flees with a space traveller to his home world. Only thing is this planet does not like having humans on it and the whole eco-system is constantly evolving to fight off the human settlement. The creatures and plants are plain nasty and no sooner the people learn how to tackle one species or another it evolves again and comes back nastier.
This is a good fun read. Get it and overlook the text errors.
on 5 April 2012
Read this years ago, and enjoy Harry Harrison.

But the quality of the text is poor. It's not unreadable, but given the price some proof reading and correction would be in order.

3 stars for the story (not great adult fiction but fun). 1 star for the publishing.
on 5 January 2015
If readers are reporting problems with text, how is it two years later these problems still exist. That aside read this first in th 60s enjoyed it, Got it on kindle, read it again still enjoyable, a bit dated but that's to be expected. Yes I did report problems with text but I won't hold my breath.
on 22 December 2011
Read the Deathworld trilogy many years ago and was looking forward to reading them again. I downloaded them on Kindle some while ago and have only recently got around to reading them.

While I enjoyed the books this enjoyment was seriously marred by the constant typing errors, missing punctuation and so on (particularly substituting the word 'the' with 'die' on a frequent basis. Had I known this was going to happen I would not have downloaded them and had this been my first experience with Kindle I would probably not have used it again and gone back to paper books!

Very disappointed with the quality.
on 6 April 2013
The characters are only slightly larger than life and the author's message, though clearly from the hippy era, is more relevant than ever - live in peace with your neighbours and your environment. None of this detracts one iota from the rollicking yarn. Rightfully a classic of the genre.
on 11 August 2012
read this story many many many years ago (could have added several more many's but don't want to give my age away) Anyhow this story was just as I remembered it, flippin marvelous! They just don't write them like this anymore. Only wish they had the sequel as an e book, never mind.
on 11 June 2016
Excellent little novel. Good characters and fast moving plot.
Best of all, unlike most free books, it was complete and had an ending that did not stop in the middle of the action so that you have to buy the next book in the 'series' to find out how the first ended.
on 11 December 2012
althou i enjoyed this book but i found that there were a very large amount of typing errors almost ever page had one or rwo errors in the type setting which i found unaceptable.

in short a good read and i can only hope that these problems are addressed
on 18 April 2013
Very good read again, this was the third time that I have enjoyed this book. HH May not be th highest brow of authors, but he certainly delivers a damn good story which sucks the reader in and keeps the interest going until the end!
on 21 October 2013
I loved this book had some funny parts and some serious parts. What I will say this is not everyone's cup of tea. But if you like a book with some humour with a bit of action and an easy going read this is the book for you