on 8 December 2013
The title grabbed me when I looked at Kindle's freebies: I particularly liked the humorous bit. The book was well-enough written not to irritate the life out of me as so many of Kindle's unedited, un-proof read novels.

I wish I'd read earlier books in this series so I knew what was going on. The storyline wasn't the best I've read for a murder mystery but enjoyable. I needed more information about all the characters, who they were, etc, and felt for much of the time that the author expected me to know things about them which I didn't.

Complex story (well, perhaps that was because I kept swapping between it and other books), didn't seem that humorous, but I enjoyed it enough to make it worth persevering.
on 14 October 2014
The 'main' characters don't even solve the crimes themselves! Not that it was possible to gain any depth or empathy for any of them!
It feels as if it was written for people 'recovering' from addictive and compulsive 'disorders', and to elicit an understanding of their 'plights'.

I was attracted to the book, initially, because of my familiarity with the location, but it is a thin, trivial little story.
on 2 April 2015
Started off really good with first murder but after that it meandered so much I nearly gave up. Still didn't work out who the murderer was til the end though.
Not sure I would read another.
on 8 January 2014
liked this and bought the next in the series - have waitlisted the third which was due to be published but has been delayed till Spring 2014. Easy reading for relaxation.
on 29 December 2015
Enjoy this series very much,have read two books with Bruce as the narrator and plan to read the rest they are skilfully written and draw you into the story
on 19 August 2014
enjoyable light who dunnit but well over top with the religion - this should come under the religious fiction category
on 7 March 2014
I found this book readable though not exactly a page turner and from the title I had expected there to be more humour.
on 25 December 2013
Very good. This isn't my usual read but I enjoyed it all the same. Would read more by this author.
on 23 August 2014
thoroughly enjoyed this book --very different and good to read
on 26 September 2014
Found it difficult to put the book down