Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
|Print List Price:||£9.41|
Save £0.21 (2%)
A Death at the Rose Paperworks (The Libby Seale Mysteries) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
More About the Author
Top Customer Reviews
As in the previous book, there are plenty of suspects, plenty of story threads, and plenty of plots twists to keep the pages turning. Family secrets, an estranged son, and even a group of unhappy men laid off from the mill and replaced with cheaper Chinese workers. The first book gave some fun insider detail on turn of the 20th-century variety theater, and this one does the same with papermaking. The strong sense of time and place comes through vividly, and anyone familiar with Portland will get extra delight from the period details and location. It's not a great book, but it'll certainly fit the bill for anyone looking to curl up with a period mystery for a few hours. The final page of the book drops a huge revelation that will leave the reader wanting to immediately pick up the next in the series -- unfortunately, there is no next book!
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Crime, Thrillers & Mystery > Historical
- Books > Crime, Thrillers & Mystery > Mystery
- Books > Crime, Thrillers & Mystery > Women Sleuths
- Books > Fiction > Contemporary Fiction
- Books > Fiction > Historical
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Crime, Thriller & Mystery > Mystery > Historical
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Crime, Thriller & Mystery > Mystery > Women Sleuths