on 1 June 2015
This series has got slowly worse, such a shame as I did enjoy the first couple, although the grammar and writing flow throughout the series is very irritating and distracting. The stories have got real potential and setting is really nice escapism, however the 'love' story between them is boring, frustrating and I cannot stand matteus anymore, I have no interest in the female characters wardrobe, (I can't even be bothered to remember her name any longer!). The thoughts and actions of them both are extremely old fashioned. I don't like to make such negative comments, but the fact that I paid such an overpriced amount for this drivel has infuriated me, so disappointed, I had hoped the quality would have improved which was reflected in the price. Gave up reading this less less than half way (which I never do) as became so frustrated and bored, won't be reading anymore, such a shame, the series really did have great potential.
on 23 April 2013
I really enjoyed this book as I did with all the other books in the collection! It was a good easy read and from the moment I started to read it I couldn't put it down! Would certainly recommend buying this book, was filled with twists and suprises right till the end.
on 9 March 2015
This is a detective story that focuses more on the annoying relationship between the 2 detectives than the story. The story is OK but I found the focus on their relationship laborious. It feels like whether they trust each other or not will be pertinent to the story but it turns out it isn't. The main character (Cindy) also inexplicably does things that you know someone in her position would not do. There were also regular spelling mistakes and general typos, every 5 or 6 pages. I am not great at spelling or proof reading so there are probably even more than that but once I started to notice them they started to really irritate. If you are on a beach (not in the Caribbean!) and don't want to tax yourself then its an OK story.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 1 January 2015
This is the first book in this series that I have read and I was thrilled to find another mystery writer that I enjoy reading. I will be buying more books in this series because they are so well written and the characters spring to life in such a way that you almost feel as if you are in the Caribbean. A few grammatical errors, usually tense based, but overall, not too distracting. Really liked the interaction between the two detectives.
on 26 May 2013
The series just gets better I just couldn't put it down. Can't wait for the next book to see what happens next
on 18 August 2015
I have found the same grammer errors in this book as I have found in her other books in this series.
The plots are okay but my interest lies in the main characters Matteus & Cindy & how their relationship is developing .
So based on this I will read all the books in the series.
on 14 July 2013
All books in Caribbean Murder series excellent good read, short stories but keeps you interested.
Although think six is enough, but would recommend as entertaining read, sometimes difficult to put down, good twists in all of the storylines in this series of Murder Mysteries
on 13 March 2015
I have read every book in the series so far. Although the theme of murder runs through all of them. Each one has a different story, each one is compelling and is very readable. I would recommend them to anyone who enjoys a good read
on 13 October 2014
Too many mistakes to fully appreciate the book
on 24 July 2014
Getting all a bit samey but still enjoy this series of books. Proof reading needs to be sorted but overall a good read if you don't want to tax your brain.