Customer Discussions > Dead Island (PC DVD) forum

Dead Island video - Impressed?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 26 May 2011 13:53:33 BDT
T. Barrett says:
I'd not heard of this game before, and only clicked on it whilst browsing, and decided to watch the video.

Am i the only one extremely impressed with it? Obviously it doesn't necessarily mean that the game will be any good, but even so, it is certainly one i'll be looking out for reviews for!

Anyone heard any other info on it?

Posted on 31 May 2011 23:00:05 BDT
J. Prior says:
being a massive zombie lover and gme addict in all genre's i have to say this is the most impressive video for a games release i have ever seen, was better than most of hollwood big budget video's for upcoming movies. Cant wait to try the game but i also have to add, the makers of dead island do NOT have a very good track record with games infact all have been duds so has left me wondering, why no game play shown? hoping to b wrong when i do buy the game though

Posted on 5 Jun 2011 18:51:26 BDT
P. Scofield says:
If you search for 11 min long Dead Island footage you'll see just that 11 mins of in game gameplay. It's more like a borderlands crossed with Dead rising type game. Nothing like what the initial teaser implied but still looks like it could be quite fun.

Posted on 5 Jul 2011 18:56:17 BDT
Gareth Bull says:
I'd prefer a more realistic, zombie simulation type of game. The consoles will always beckon dumbed down arcade game play. If your happy for a console game on a PC, then fine enough. The trailer showed the emotional side of the game, a part of the game the director wanted to show. I don't see how you can get emotional when this is clearly an arcade zombie fest sandbox game. This PC version will only show premise due to the fact people should be able to mod this into a more, involved realistic and challenging game.

Pointing knives at civilians, doesn't seem to bother them. It'd bother me, people become just as dangerous as zombies when their sanity gets ripped to ribbons. Conversations should reflect this and you should be made to put away your weapon, as it's intimidating the human AI.

Another thing with human AI, when you approach new hideouts it seems they have no issue with you taking whatever stock/inventory items they have. They should be protective of that last med kit, not ignoring you when you take it in plain sight.

Punching out a windscreen, why not use your foot?
Throwing a nail-baseball bat at a propane tank to ignite it?

I'm disappointed as I hoped this to be hardcore like STALKER + Farcry with a Melee focus for combat.
The direction seems more like L4D + Farcry. Why copy what's already out there? Be as unique and as different as possible.

Not matter... this will be a good game, modded.

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Aug 2011 16:17:53 BDT
Dan says:
Idiotic console bashing aside, which if anything proves how dumbed down pc users have become. The video was made by a company that has no relation to the game makers. It is an impressive video but it is only a video of the original concept.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  26 May 2011
Latest post:  15 Aug 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Dead Island (PC DVD)
Dead Island (PC DVD) by Deep Silver (Windows 7 / Vista / XP)
3.3 out of 5 stars   (47)