Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

De'Longhi Icona Coffee Machine - HELP PLEASE!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 2 Dec 2011 09:32:44 GMT
Can anyone tell me if it matters what type of ground coffee I get for this machine? I asked for some beans to be ground at Starbucks yesterday and he said he can't do it unless I can tell him what sort of filter it has? Can anyone help please (the machine is wrapped up ready for a Christmas present!)

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Dec 2011 14:06:51 GMT
Last edited by the author on 2 Dec 2011 14:08:50 GMT
Dean says:
That was a bit overly pedantic of him. Answer is "espresso machine ground". ie you ask for it to be ground finely for a 15 bar pressure espresso machine. If you were in a supermarket, look for ground coffee whose grind is"fine" or "espresso grind". Cafetiere grind is much coarser and doesn't extract the coffee properly. If this is a gift why not give the whole beans pack to the person and let them take it to Starbucks to be ground for the machine, they'll stay fresh whilst unopened you see.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Dec 2011 14:34:32 GMT
Thanks Dean, that's a great help. And a good idea on the bean front! Thanks again
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  2 Dec 2011
Latest post:  2 Dec 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions