I spent two days searching for a new kettle, and it is surprisingly difficult to find all of the features one might like WITH good looks. Either the kettles seem to look great but have some type of fault, or they're very functional and look like a big blob. This one wound up being 'just right' and I am happy to report that it works as I had expected.
- It isn't too noisy,
- it boils reasonably quickly,
- it's possible to refill immediately and boil again,
- the top is easy to get off,
- as the opening is narrow it's possible to get the top off after boiling without burning one's hand from steam escaping,
- the filter is easy to remove for cleaning,
- it's not too heavy and is comfortable to hold,
- it doesn't splash or leak when pouring,
- and I don't have a problem seeing or using the fill-level indicator.
I am sure there are other things I like about it, but these were some concerns with others I had looked at. And to top it all off, it looks fantastic!