Format: Hardcover|Change

on 18 January 2012
This is one of the best football autobiographies out there. Definitely worth a read - whether you're a Rangers, Scotland, Everton, Hearts, Falkirk fan - or just a football nut that enjoys reading about the life of a top player. Obviously Davie is a legend - and has done amazingly well in his career - even after playing in the US until aged 21. I read as many football biogs/autobiogs as possible, and it's refreshing to have a book written intelligently and with depth - as opposed to something thrown together in the pub (Mr Savage for example :)) He goes into depth about life as a college 'soccer' player in the US, his amazing club and country career after returning to Scotland, and a really good look at what has kept him going until the ripe old age of 41. As i write this, Davie just announced yesterday that he's leaving Rangers and looking to keep playing on for a while longer. Don't be surprised if he pulls it off - and then ends up having a distinguished career in coaching/management afterwards. I've already put a bet on him becoming Scotland's manager one day! Those of us that still crave playing as much as possible - at whatever age and level - will be able to relate to Davie's story. I thought McManaman's book (El Macca) was great, and this is up there with that one for sure. So much better than most books out there. Would be a great gift for younger players looking to start a long career too. Nice one Davie.
on 1 January 2013
Smashing read about a true gent and in my eyes a rangers legend.once a ranger always a ranger.cheers davie weir
on 17 March 2013
A good read for any football fan. He has had an exceptional career and enjoyed reading about his take on things and other players, as well as hearing about what happened at his former clubs and with the Scotland national side.
on 5 August 2013
Bought as a present for my Rangers-loving other half. Have read it myself: he truly is one of the game's good guys. His humility is an example to all the blinged up no-marks currently being overpaid up and down the land.
on 16 November 2013
This was a must have book for my Husband as David Weir was a local lad. It is full of information which is of interest of every football fan.
on 27 November 2015
good read.
on 22 December 2014
i ordered the wrong David Weir book so sent it back im sure its very good but hubby isn t in to football
on 31 October 2014
This was not the David weir I wanted it was the disabled athlete i wanted .
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 June 2013
This book was bought my me as a present for some one else so I cannot comment on it,s contents
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse