on 11 December 2013
I found this book a great lead-in to learning the controls of the Nikon D7100. Coming from Panasonic most of the controls were different, I think this is why most people find a camera manufacturer that they like and stick with them. Anyhow I tend to go on the recommendations of professional reviews and choose the best camera at the time when I am looking for one.
Being a semi-pro camera the D7100 is quite a complex piece of kit and this book really helped me get to grips quickly.
You get a manual with the camera, but there is a lot of tooing and froing involved throughout, where as the Compact Field Guide has all you need explained on each page without referring constantly to other pages.
Its a nice size too, not too bulky and fits in my bag just fine. There are good suggested settings at the rear of the book for all the different kinds of usage, and also suggested custom settings, which save you a lot of time working out what's best for your type of shooting and playback. Why 4 stars - well I found a couple of mistakes in the book that I had to correct, so its not perfect. But saying that I would recommend it for anyone buying a D7100. Best regards.
on 5 January 2015
Recieved this today and already highly impressed. Much more usable than the booklet which comes with the camera which is frankly nearly unusable due to its small size and the large amounts of information it contains. I would definitely recommend this
on 1 July 2014
It gives a clearer understanding on a complex camera with its many functions.
on 22 December 2013
Great Field Guide.
Logical, clear, nice transportable size, gets you to what information you need quickly.
This guy knows his stuff and how to impart the information.
Fast delivery of item.
Very happy customer.
on 5 March 2014
If you own a Nikon D7100 Camera then this book is for you. It explains every detail you will ever need in simple terms, and is much clearer than the Nikon Instruction Book that comes with the Camera. Would recommend..........
on 7 October 2014
took ages to arrrive but a good clear read explains in concise language every option. Nikons manual whilst technically good is very dry reading and needs excellent eye sight and a magnifying glass to follow.
on 12 August 2013
Excellent field guide. This is my second book in the series, I also had the guide for the D7000. It is so hand to leave in your camera bag for quick reference. I do not go on a shoot/holidays without it.
on 29 December 2014
Very useful book for reading or reference to certain features or operations for the Nikon D7100 camera. Easy to read and a useful size to carry around with your gear.
on 12 March 2015
I had already bought the full guide by David Busch and bought the compact field guide as it was smaller and less weighty so I could take it with me when travelling. It's and excellent guide and in actual fact being more concise than the full guide makes it easier for me to use so much so that I now use it as the first reference for any problems that I need to solve only referring to the full guide occasionally when I can't find all I want in the compact field guide. I would highly recommend it to anyone purchasing a D7100.
on 18 May 2014
A very good well laid out book. A must for any Nikon D7100 owners. Very easy to follow.Buy one you will not regret it.