Customer Discussions > Best Of Bowie forum

David Bowie on DVD

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 7 Jun 2008 13:15:09 BDT
crystal says:
Does anyone out there know if the show "David Bowie, live 200, BBC" has been put on DVD. On stage he is singing Absolute Beginners and his voice has improved over the years. This recording is far better than the original version and there is so much feeling put into his performance. The BBC website have stopped showing the on stage version, but it is on youtube. I would love to have my own copy of this. Can anyone help ?

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Jun 2008 20:25:58 BDT
I. P. Hale says:
Sorry, no idea about whether what you want is out on DVD but I do have 1 thing to say:
Absolute begginers (original version) is amazing. Bowie's vocal is great. Although his vocal style has... changed since then, it is no better.
Although it is completely unrelated, I'm going to reel off a load of reccommendations;

Tangerine Dream
Kraftwerk
Neu!
Harmonia
Cluster
Brian Eno
Robert Fripp

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Jun 2008 17:15:44 BDT
crystal says:
Thanks for the recommendations...I'll look into those. Meanwhile I am still on a mission to find that on-stage DVD if it's out there. If I track it down I'll get back and let you know as it really is worth watching. Thanks again.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Best Of Bowie forum
Participants:  2
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  7 Jun 2008
Latest post:  13 Jun 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Best Of Bowie
Best Of Bowie by David Bowie (Audio CD - 2002)
4.7 out of 5 stars   (177)