From the Back Cover
Advanced Data Structures/Algorithms Java
Data Analysis and Algorithm Analysis in Java, 2/e
Mark Allen Weiss, Florida International University
ISBN : 0-321-37013-9
As the speed and power of computers increase, so does the need for effective programming and algorithm analysis. Mark Allen Weiss approaches these skills jointly to teach the development of well-constructed, maximally efficient programs in Java.
Readers benefit from the full language update to Java 5.0, including generics, and the integrated coverage of the Java Collections Library in this advanced study of data structures and algorithms. Weiss clearly explains his careful, rigorous and in-depth analysis of each type of algorithm.
This Second Edition features:
• Full integration of the new Java 5.0 programming language and the Java Collections Library
• Enhanced interior design, with figures and examples illustrating successive stages of algorithms
• Completely revised coverage of lists, stacks, and queues in Chapter 3
• Full chapter dedicated to the implementation of amortized analysis and advanced data structures
• End-of-chapter exercises, ranked by difficulty, reinforce key chapter concepts
Visit aw.com/computing for more information about Addison-Wesley computing books.
About the Author
Mark Allen Weiss is a Professor in the School of Computer Science at Florida International University. He received his Ph.D. in Computer Science from Princeton University where he studied under Robert Sedgewick. Dr.Weiss has received FIU's Excellence in Research Award, as well as the Teaching Incentive Program Award, which was established by the Florida Legislature to recognize teaching excellence. Mark Allen Weiss is on the Advanced Placement Computer Science Development Committee. He is the successful author of Algorithms, Data Structures, and Problem Solving with C++ and the series Data Structures and Algorithm Analysis in Pascal, Ada, C, and C++, with Addison-Wesley.
--This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.