on 15 April 2002
After a couple of highly enjoyable years creating digital music at home with the Data Becker Music Centre, I decided to upgrade to the Music Centre Pro version and now will never look back.
This ever-so-affordable product is packed with features readily accessible from the keyboard or mouse and the simplicity of use is outstanding. With only an hour or so of investigating the menu's, I was producing music without the need to refer time and time again to the manual.
This makes it the perfect production tool, ie you spend more time on the music and less on the mouse! The addition of 2 auxillary devices and real time effects gives the musician great depth in the creation process and I especially like the EQ section, very precise and easy to use.
Altogether a great piece of software for budget recording but dont let the word 'budget' fool you, this is professional software producing proffessional results. Top marks all round!
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I too used the older Music centre package and loved it,however after upgrading to the Music Centre pro was a little disappointed that I could only assign 2 effects (2 auxiliaries) to share for all active audio tracks. The older was still limited but could assign more effects per track,thus personalising each track more. Maybe I am missing something vital that will explain me wrong? If this is the case then please let me know (see URL for contacting me).
Other than that , Data Becker Music Centre Pro is definitely approaching the professional end and a bargain at this price!!
Well worth a try!!
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I found the programme book lacked a good step by step explanation. the tutorial is far better. The only thing that bothered me is that it crashed on Windows XP, saying that file WMDAVI was missing. I tried several times to make music and all of a sudden the programme crashed without me being able to save it.
Otherwise, it takes a little while to get used to the programme. There are some brilliant clips of modern music (female voice, bass, techno, far eastern) and classical (Bethoven , Bach and the like). The library is the beauty of this programme. Just beware of the crashes that's all!