Customer Discussions > Red Dead Redemption (PS3) forum

Darkness at night. RDR

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 24 May 2010 19:17:19 BDT
Thomas says:
Does anyone else find it a little to dark during the night in Red Dead Redemption?

I know the game is trying to be as realistic as possible, but I can barely see where I'm going at night. The brightness setting in options helps but it just seems to make the daytime look to bright. I am playing it on a good quality HD TV (Sony Bravia) so it's nothing to do with the TV.

Posted on 24 May 2010 23:20:13 BDT
Yeah, but I'll normally just make him have a sleep until it's light.

Posted on 25 May 2010 00:12:51 BDT
K. says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on 25 May 2010 02:12:07 BDT
Nicky Kemp says:
Hmm I've not had any problems with the brightness/darkness. If anything it doesn't seem to get as dark at night in the game as it would in reality in my opinion (not that I'm complaining), nor is it ever too bright for me either. I play it on a small (I forget the exact dimension) HD LG, so it's nothing special really.

The only thing I can suggest is to play it in a dark room, and make sure there's no light shining on your TV which may cause reflection and reduce the quality of the picture you're seeing.

In reply to an earlier post on 25 May 2010 08:57:10 BDT
hi Thomas
I totaly agree with you sometimes its too dark at night you just can't see anything
it was worse for me then it was raining just could not see anything
and i know its not the tv because i have never had a problem like this before
still a fantastic game though

Posted on 25 May 2010 12:08:07 BDT
Thomas says:
Yeah its even worse when its raining and your out in the wilderness.

Posted on 25 May 2010 13:43:31 BDT
S. A. Watt says:
It depends on which part of the cycle the moon is. When it's a full moon, it's almost like daylight - virtually no moon = very dark.

I think the most sensible option would be to adjust the brightness settings on your TV, or change them in the game options. I've got a relatively old Samsung LCD, and if it's too dark I just change the "HDMI black level". Does the job.

In reply to an earlier post on 25 May 2010 21:19:20 BDT
this is also a major problem for me. Either you save the game around 23.00 ish (wake up seven hours alter) - or turn the brightness right up.

In reply to an earlier post on 26 May 2010 11:09:31 BDT
S. J. Thomas says:
I agree ..and did you notice the dust is too dusty, the light is just too light sometimes and the rain is too wet; not forgetting that the horses are a bit more horsey than I'd like tbh.

It's supposed to be dark at night because it WAS dark at night back then.....except when the moon is full and you get shadows almost as though it was daylight.
What's the point of being an amazingly accurate and atmospheric recreation of the early 20th Century West and then making the night-time unrealisticly bright so it's easier for you to see?.

Posted on 31 May 2010 01:29:43 BDT
Hi i would say it is your TV as on mine it is perfect i use a Samsung LCD LED .

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Jun 2010 13:04:33 BDT
Matt Dark says:
Agreed, sometimes Ive had no problem at night, usually when the in-game moon is quite bright, but there have been a few times when its been very dark indeed.
But its never been something that couldnt be dealt with by changing the brightness settings.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  10
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  24 May 2010
Latest post:  9 Jun 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Red Dead Redemption (PS3)
Red Dead Redemption (PS3) by Take 2 Interactive (PlayStation 3)
4.6 out of 5 stars   (375)