on 27 June 2013
I am so into all things "weird". LOVE this book, love the subject matter. It's a very easy read (i'm a lay person with no scientific background) without swamping the reader with confusing maths etc. Yes there are some equations etc but if you take them for what they are and don't get bogged down in trying to understand it in detail, it flows very nicely. I read it late at night when all was quiet and my mind could focus & relax into the material. I know i will re-read it and get more from it, as you do with most books. Definitely worth a try if you are interested in this area.....even if you're not its a good and interesting read generally.
on 4 March 2014
Not much is known about DE, DM, DG so I suppose the fact that the first half of the book is padded out with general astronomy and science is to be expected. I'd rather the author assumed a working knowledge of such and expanding on the sections related to the title.
on 20 February 2014
It provided me with an excellent introduction to the 3 title topics and encouraged me to read further. I would certainly recommend it to others.