Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.99

on 12 October 2012
Another gem by Sue Moorcroft! I thought this novella was a charming read. It was lovely to see an unconventional family set up working and functioning throughout the dysfunction that usually is in tow with teenagers. The characters had had their lives intertwined since childhood, and although we only see the brief period in which the story is set (a couple of weeks I think), you are not left wondering about their past. Ross and his "girlfriend" Casey were really interesting to me. I'd love a novel based on Casey and a her dodgy dealings! A short but sweet read and well worth the price :)
on 22 January 2014
This is an excellent book. Darcie is legal guardian to her teenage brother Ross. Ross kinda fancies a girl from the wrong side of the tracks. Since it was a short novella (which I'd bought as part of a bundle - Gorgeous Reads for Christmas (Choc Lit)) I was expecting something light and frothy, instead I found this book to be full of depth and unexpected twists.
I'll keep this review short, as befits a short book. Read it. It's well worth the investment.
on 25 February 2014
I normally overlook these short stories as I read so quickly and think I'll just start to get into a story and then it ends. However, I have read all of Sues other books and just couldn't resist. I am so glad I succumbed and read it. I was hooked straight away and soon became emersed in the world of Darcie. Another brilliantly written book to keep me going until her next one comes out.
on 5 May 2013
I am a big fan of Sue Moorcroft, read All that Mullarkey twice and loved Starting Over, but this was just very flat, not really sure what Darcies dilemma was and just as I got into the story it ended!!! I actually wondered if it had downloaded it all. A good read just a pity it there wasn't more of it.
on 5 April 2014
Darcie has taken on the roll of parent to her little brother when her mum and dad died tragically. The idea of being a parent was daunting and her boyfriend at the time didn't want any of it so she had to muddle along herself although she had moved into the village where she knew other people and had made lots of good friends at the place she worked making glass pieces for selling, she made lovely tiffany style lampshades and one off glass pieces. Her childhoos friend tells her that her brother is coming for a visit and Darcie decides to try and avoid all contact as she nearly had a relationship with him but he seemed to change his mind.What follows is the normal parent of a teenager goes though as he seems to go off the rails and the girl he keeps bringing home seems to be not quite what she seems. The words flow and you find yourself not wanting to stop until the end of the book.
on 13 January 2013
A short book but a very good read. It kept me gripped from the moment i picked the book up
on 4 December 2015
Sister, brother, the ex and no parents around to run shotgun...what could go wrong?
Well, quite a bit really, but this is from a wonderful Choclit author, so sit back, prop up your feet (a friendly pooch or husband will do). turn off the phone and settle in with a stash of wine and your favourite nibble, as Ms Moorcroft will enthrall, entertain and enlighten, often all at the same time!
Darcie, Ross and Jake are fully-developed characters, as you would expect from this author, whose feelings are laid bear for all the see as we go on a roller-coast of a ride through teenage-angst/first love and discovering the best way to find true love is to have an almighty break-up first.
Suffice to say, Sue never lets you down and the only downside to this story is that it finished!
on 11 June 2014
Following the death of her parents, Darcie is left to bring up her teenage brother, Ross (never an easy task!) alone. Having had one boyfriend dump her because he didn't want the responsibility, she is understandably wary when Jake comes back into her life. He had been working in Germany because, after spending the night together, he believes she doesn't love him. To make matters worse, the pair have to work close to each other in the complex where Darcie has a small business. The two circle round each warily, despite the obvious attraction, but it is not until Ross gets into trouble with the police, that Darcie's dilemma is solved. A classic Sue Moorcroft novella that I wished had been longer.
on 23 December 2012
Darcie's Dilemma was a wonderful quick read that was thought provoking and emotional. I loved every second of it. 5 stars and in-depth review to follow.
on 6 January 2013
Not alot of substance to this novel, maybe for a much younger reader, perhaps teenager, this may have been good.