on 13 January 2013
Please do not misunderstand the low score that I have given. Generally the Bikeline books are fantastic more than worth the price. This autumn I completed the Danube Radweg as far as Belgrade. Unfortunately after Budapest the route given by the book bore little resemblance to the designated route as dictated by the way signs marking the cycle path. The last straw was cycling along a muddy farmer's track that joined the revised route where I met two German cyclists with their german copy of the same Bikeline book. The english translation was published in 2008; the original german version has been republished in summer 2010. These two German cyclists remarked that other english speaking people had been struggling with this outdated book. South of Budapest the path has been has been substantially improved and realigned since 2008. I would suggest that of the 18 maps showing the way to the Croatian border, 8 in the english version are still relevant. Thus my earnest recommendation for anyone serious about undertaking the Donau Radweg is to buy the german version of this Bikeline book instead.

Donau Radweg 4 Budapest - Belgrad: BIKE.HU.12: 570 km. Radtourenbuch und Karte 1 : 75 000
Donau Radweg 5 Belgrad - Schwarzen Meer: BIKE.HU.15: Serbien, Rumänien, Bulgarien: Von Belgrad zum Schwarzen Meer
on 20 June 2015
This was my bible on the bike trail. It is so incredibly useful with some great tips and advice on where to stay. It would be great to see some info with ferry times on there as we did get caught out a bit. If you are planning to do this eurovelo route you MUST purchase this book.