Customer Discussions > Frasier - Season 7 [DVD] forum

Danish, Swedish Subtitles

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 11 Jul 2007 17:46:03 BDT
Just got season seven, but haven't opened the sealing yet.

It says on the box, that the only subtitles is English for the hearing impaired.

The other Frasier seasons on Region 2 had both Danish and Swedish subtitles.

Does anyone own the Region 2 season seven. Is there or isn't there scandinavian subtitles included.

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Jul 2007 19:54:04 BDT
Not just Scandinavian but what about everything else? Most Scandinavians speak excellent English. What about Spanish or French or German or Portuguese subtitles?

It's a very feeble situation by those responsible. I use the different soundtracks and subtitles to boost my language-learning. A few get it right (eg Star Trek original series). Most get it wrong.

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Jul 2007 00:02:37 BDT
Arthur says:
Indeed, English for the hearing impaired are the only subtitles available in this season. Not really nice towards people not living in Britain. I'm from Holland, and the only Frasier series available here are 2,3 and 4, so for the other series whe depend on the English ones.
Still, the English subtitles are useful. Because the characters talk really fast most of the time, the English subtitling makes de dialogue much more understandable. Even though you won't get every joke.

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Oct 2007 14:45:20 BDT
SueC says:
I am really sorry they have not had the commonsense to put all the languages on the Frasier series. I think Frasier is the funniest thing you can watch..... anytime!

I would seriously advise you to make a good friend of a someone who is bi-lingual in your language and English and invite them over...... permanently!! :-))

I think its bad enough that I have to wait till the series come out in Region 2
I would be gutted if I couldnt understand it when it does.

I wish you Joy.

Sue c'
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  11 Jul 2007
Latest post:  25 Oct 2007

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Frasier: Complete Seventh Season [DVD] [1994] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Frasier: Complete Seventh Season [DVD] [1994] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC] by Kelsey Grammer (DVD - 2005)
4.8 out of 5 stars   (30)