on 7 October 2010
one word sums up this crossword book "EXCELLENT" ;but be warned this is not one for the beginner.
on 27 November 2012
Great buy. The clues can be very difficult but if you enjoy Cryptic crosswords then this will keep you occupied for a while. Some of the same clues keep cropping up but all in all a very good buy for a decent price.
on 2 March 2012
As expected, this is exactly what I love. Some clues that take me hours, some that are fun and my favourites, anagrams. I'm happiest when I can spot them straight away, but sometimes I prefer the ones that take me ages and then make me kick myself because they should have been obvious but I've been too thick to spot them sooner. Altogether another excellent collection of crosswords that I would advise everyone to have a go at.....but be warned, one an addict there's no cure!
on 17 March 2013
I was a little concerned about buying a "secondhand" crossword book. But no problem, it was in almost perfect condition. At 1p + plus postage this was excellent an excellent buy. I purchased vol. 2 about a year ago and am getting near to completing it. This book, (Vol. 1) will provide another year of entertainment and some frustration. I am very happy with this vendor.
on 28 July 2011
The crosswords in this book are harder than in the Daily Mail, but still a good challenge. And of course you can always cheat by peaking at the back.
on 14 October 2012
The other reviewers weren't wrong!
I thought I was pretty good at cryptics, how wrong was I lol.
Very challenging but very enjoyable.
Get those little grey cells jangling :-)
on 23 June 2014
The daily mail crossword compilers seem to be on the same wavelength as me. I love them and manage to complete most of them. It sometimes takes 3 or 4 goes but that's the fun.
on 4 December 2012
I have just (within the last 5 minutes) received a package containing a book and a couple of calenders. The book has a tear on the cover, on the front, in the centre at the bottom. It could hardly have been missed. I know it is not major in the big scheme of things but I paid for a brand new book, not a damaged book. This is for a christmas present, I am less than impressed. I have taken photographs.
review image review image
on 18 April 2013
I love crosswords especially Daily Mail cryptic crosswords. I have bought books with 100 crosswords before but thought it was cheaper to buy the bigger book.
on 2 September 2013
As I am an ardent fan of cryptic crosswords I decided to go all hog and buy a bumper edition and to date I have spent many happy moments wading through them.