- Hardcover: 220 pages
- Publisher: Timber Press (7 Nov. 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1604693185
- ISBN-13: 978-1604693188
- Product Dimensions: 18.7 x 2.1 x 23.6 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.2 out of 5 stars See all reviews (4 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 165,780 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Daffodil: The Remarkable Story of the World's Most Popular Spring Flower Hardcover – 7 Nov 2013
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
Kingsbury explains the many different classifications of this flowering bulb, then relates its history, from burial in the tombs of the Pharaohs to the present day, emphasising the flower's place as an important symbol of annual renewal before describing, with relish, a number of idiosyncratic, even obsessive, growers and breeders.
About the Author
Noel Kingsbury is known internationally as a garden writer, researcher, lecturer and designer of naturalistic and sustainable planting for gardens and public spaces.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Even if you only have a passing interest this book is a great read and will inspire you. Definately a 5-star book!
Daffodil: The Remarkable Story of the World's Most Popular Spring Flower
Nice historical information as well .