Righteous meets riotous at the corner of Vernon and Haven! 24 more cool 1950s killers from the deep vaults of Combo Records.
Aces third compilation in the "Central Avenue" series upholds the high quality of the first two (CDCHD 868 and CDCHD 1037).
The repertoire is once again all drawn from the Combo catalogue, and once again all the tracks are making their first appearance on CD.
CD features many of the most eminent artists and sidemen on the Los Angeles R&B scene of the 1950s.
Several tracks have never been issued before in any form! Others have not been available since being issued, on Ace vinyl albums, more than 15 years ago.
Sure to appeal not only to R&B buyers but also to those who have even a passing interest in the roots of rocknroll.
Part three of the excellent blues and r&b documentation, presenting L.A.'s blooming scene.Medium 1
- T.J. - PORTER, Jake
- Gotta Have You Baby - SMITH, Ruth
- No Parking After Eight - TURNHAM, Floyd
- Hey Little Girl - WATKINS, Bill & JAKE PORTER
- Hoo Doo You Baby - McVEA, Jack
- Sadie Lee - CARTER, Tal
- Steelin' The Blues - PHILLIPS, Gene
- You Brought Me Heartaches - McVEA, Jack
- Daddy, Why Did You Leave Me? - COLEMAN, Honey
- Don't Let Nobody - MORRIS, Joe
- Cool Daddy's Blues - BROOKER, Sherman & BLUE NOTES
- Corn Pone Boogie - PORTER, Jake
- Goin' Back To Town (I'm Gonna Leave You...) - JONES, Betty Hall
- Alibi Baby - TURNHAM, Floyd
- Papa Charlie - HIGGINS, Chuck & MELLOTONES
- Married Woman (take 4) - PEPPERMINT HARRIS
- Chicago Hop (take 3) - HOUSTON, Joe
- Don't Bruise The Feeling (alt take) - McVEA, Jack
- Allergic To A Broken Heart - RAY, Robbin
- Worries And Troubles - YOUNG WOLF
- Turnham's Green - TURNHAM, Floyd
- A Woman's Answer - WILLIAMS, Marjorie 'MARGIE'
- Please Be Kind - HAMILTON, Chcuk & CANDY RIVERS
- Oh How I Miss You Tonight (take 1) - McVEA, Jack