Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 12 Jun 2010 20:44:20 BDT
K. Toye says:
Can someone let me know if there are any special features on this DVD? I know there was talk of a making of, and there were a lot of unfinished green screen clips etc on youtube.

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Jun 2010 11:39:57 BDT
Flindell says:
K. Toye,

This is a list of the special features that should be included on both standard DVD and Blu-Ray. In all cases I have been told that the special features are limited and of a poor standard.

Bonus Features:

Standard DVD:
- Finding Alice - It's all things Alice. This featurette includes Tim Burton's vision for the characters, differences from the book and Disney's version of Alice and how she evolves as both a character and actor as she takes an adventure through Wonderland.
- The Mad Hatter - Audiences are provided with a deeper look into the world of the Mad Hatter. Check out Johnny Depp's early sketches, make-up, costumes and how they digitally enhanced his eyes.
- Effecting Wonderland - A behind-the-scenes piece on the different technologies used to create some of the most beloved characters in the film - Stayne, Tweedledee, Tweedledum, Bandersnatch and the Red Queen.

BLU-RAY:
Everything on the DVD plus:
- The Futterwacken Dance - Futterwhat? Check out the making of the timeless dance called the Futterwacken.
- The Red Queen - The creation of the Red Queen from start to finish, including early Tim Burton sketches showcasing costume designs, make-up and digital effects.
- Time-Lapse: Sculpting the Red Queen - A short time-lapse piece showing Helena Bonham Carter as she gets her make-up done. A three-hour process can be watched in just a few short minutes.
- The White Queen - An interview with Anne Hathaway, who plays Wonderland's good queen, about her character's journey throughout the process of the film.
- Scoring Wonderland - Composer Danny Elfman and Tim Burton discuss the music for the movie.
- Stunts of Wonderland - A featurette highlighting some of the biggest stunts in the film.
- Making the Proper Size - An inside look at the visual effects process of growing and shrinking Alice. See how filmmakers used different techniques to stay true to the storyline.
- Cakes of Wonderland - Take a trip to "Cake Divas" where the creators of the EAT ME cakes provide viewers with details about how they made the smallest crumb to the largest cake in scale.
- Tea Party Props - Tea cups, saucers, cakes and more. Prop master Doug Harlocker gives an overview of all the props used to bring the famous tea party scene together visually.

Cited on: http://alice2010.blogspot.com/ (2010).

Posted on 14 Dec 2010 12:02:04 GMT
fommes says:
That's incorrect, I believe. Those extras are only for the US Blu-ray. All the rest gets only the three extras found on the regular DVD! (Source: DVDCompare)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  12 Jun 2010
Latest post:  14 Dec 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Alice in Wonderland [Blu-ray] [2010] [US Import]
Alice in Wonderland [Blu-ray] [2010] [US Import] by Mia Wasikowska (Blu-ray - 2010)
4.0 out of 5 stars   (369)