Customer Discussions > It's A Wonderful Life [VHS] forum

B&W DVD Version of It's a Wonderful Life?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 5 Dec 2011 15:26:34 GMT
Can anyone help me? The reviews here seem to have been all put together for the different versions of the film. We don't have a Bluray player, but my wife wants this for Christmas, and I'm sure she'll want the original B&W version. Some reviews say they've got both on, with a link to the DVD (Colourized), others say the DVD version doesn't have the B&W version. I don't know if you can play Bluray on older DVD players. What should I go for?

Posted on 11 Dec 2011 23:48:25 GMT
Kevin says:
Blue Ray won't play on DVD players but DVD will play on Blue Ray players. I would think your best bet would be to go for the DVD 65th anniversary edition at 9.77. I would think it is black and white even though the cover is in colour. Hope someone else can clarify that.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Dec 2011 11:48:32 GMT
Thanks for your advice about blu-ray/DVD, Kevin, and I'm thinking the anniversary edition probably includes the original b&w, but I would like confirmation from someone who knows it has. I've made enquiries of amazon too, so hopefully I can get some clarity soon.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  5 Dec 2011
Latest post:  12 Dec 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions