Format: PaperbackChange

VINE VOICEon 4 April 2008
If you have the Druid Animal Oracle or the Druidcraft tarot deck then you will not be disappointed!
Here Will Worthington has created some more superb paintings depicting plants of the British Isles, and ones that have connections to druid and celts.
The Carr-Gomms have worked hard on writing the book, bringing divination meanings to the plants but also very interesting and concise outline of the plants throughout history and even how they would have been used for medicine.

All in all a brilliant set of cards and I must have for anyone that is a druid or wanting to learn and open themselves to the energies of plants.
The readings I have done with this deck have been very deep and healing, so the plants seem to want to help and heal us, in more ways than just getting an accurate reading.
0Comment31 of 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 January 2009
I have worked with the Druid Animal Oracle and found it to be most inspirational. Of course I was really interested to see if the Druid Plant Oracle was similar in feel.
I have not been disappointed.
This pack that contains 36 cards (and 3 blanks) and a 144-page illustrated book is in keeping with the earlier work. And it would certainly serve as a welcome addition to the Animal Oracle. The cards are large format with brightly but naturally coloured illustrations. The plants illustrated are distinct and can be used for meditational purposes as well as for readings.

33 cards represent wild plants and 3 are "collective cards". One set is The Banes (Wolfsbane, Henbane & Hemlock) and are "deadly plants that also offer gifts if used wisely". Another set is the Guardians' (Elder, Hawthorn and Birch) and are trees "which act together as preservers of our health." And one set the Restorers ((Roseroot, St. John's Wort and Valerian) "a trio of ancient and indigenous plants of the Druid sourcelands, which act to restore the balance between body and soul."

In the book there are suggestions for different layouts or spreads. These are the same ones used in the Animal Oracle so I was already familiar with them. I rather like the "Pentagram Spread" which deals with different aspects of the question - that is from an elemental perspective. This can often give you an idea of where the different forces are in play.
However you can just lay out the cards and chose one or two as an answer to your question.
A fantastic set of cards that you can play around with and let them work on you. Philip and Stephanie have created a wonderful oracle that brings the archetypal forces of the plants to you. A wonderful gift!
(from Morgana, Silver Circle, the Netherlands)
on 12 June 2009
I've only just purchased the Druid Plant Oracle. It comes in a sturdy box and there are 36 oracle cards (plus some blank ones so I can add my own plants) and a book. The cards are quite large so shuffling is difficult but I tend to mix them on a flat surface so that's OK. Will Worthington's artwork is again stunning and it encourages you to look and really explore the symbolism on each card. The book is packed with info including where the plants grow, their place in mythology and folk lore, medical uses, how to use the cards, spreads, interpreting and sample readings. I think the book in itself is a good resource. For me a really good buy.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 2 February 2010
Yes, the folks who brought you the gorgeous, superb The Druid Animal Oracle have done it again, only with plants. As with the earlier deck, Will Worthington's illustrations for the cards are absolutely beautiful and full of background detail that relates to the main images and their meanings. The accompanying book is well-written and researched, supplying a wealth of information about plants, herbs, trees and fungi in Druid tradition as well as clear divinatory meanings for the cards. Wonderful. An added bonus is that these cards are the same size as those of the Animal Oracle so that you can, if you wish, merge the two to create a 68-card deck full of inspiration both floral and faunal. You lucky people! In a word, brilliant.
As with the Animal Oracle, the deck here is not a 78-card tarot but consists of 35 cards. You may like to know that the same authors and artist have produced a full, 78-card tarot, The Druid Craft Tarot: Use the Magic of Wicca and Druidry to Guide Your Life
on 5 June 2011
These beautiful cards are created by the same people who brought us the Druid Animal oracle. The artistry both written and painted is amazing, the cards are informative in their words and pictures, drawing you in inviting you to discover more. I particularly like the history that comes with each plant, how, where and when they have been used and how this can apply to our current lives. For divination purposes the cards are a beautiful tool to help us garner the direction that we may need to follow, using natural images to help us connect to Mother Earth.
on 27 September 2010
These cards are not only beautiful and exquisitely drawn - they seem to be a portal into a traditional world of ancient plant-knowledge, and the spirituality associated with that. The accompanying book is a fund of knowledge and insight, including descriptions of present day applications of plant medicine. I highly recommend these cards to anyone interested in oracle cards and divination, Druidic lore, ancient British tradition, and herbal medicine.
on 2 July 2009
Beautiful artwork, putting the reader in touch with the native plants of the British Isles. If used for divining a wealth of information is given bringing you in touch with the ancients. Highly recommended
on 28 October 2011
I'd be interested if anyone else has a similar problem - maybe the publisher will read the review too.

Absolutely agree with the other reviewers who found the Animal Oracle so inspirational and then the plant one came out which is stunning. I admit to having far more empathy with the plant one but I am a bit planty. So a bit of a shame that I have two 'Plantain' cards and no 'Vervain'! - especially given the healing powers of vervain.

If there is anyone out there with no Plantain and two Vervains I would love to swop!

John
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 June 2015
Really beautiful book if you are into oracles and herbs. Very gentle interpretations, related to Druid beliefs and I'm learning a lot about the plants and the history of them, as well as using them as a means to consider problems and states of mind. I was inspired to make some rosemary tea from one reading - eeugh it tasted horrible! - but fun to play with and with honey was more palatable. Don't know if that has helped my memory....
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 November 2015
This is the most (pardon the pun) fertile deck of its ilk I have come across. If, like me, you find yourself with a natural affinity for plants, plant spirituality and plant medicine, you will find wonders galore here. It is the perfect complement to the Druidcraft Oracle and one I am confident I will receive ongoing wisdom from.

It arrived in perfect condition from Amazon
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse