Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 1 Feb 2010 22:41:21 GMT
I've had this game pre-ordered since 10th of Oct 2009. I've just read about Ubisoft antipiracy DRM and decided to cancel the order. When I buy a game I expect to be able to play anywhere and anytime I wish, what if Ubisoft's server will go down or they'll loose my data?
I'm voting with my money - and taking them away. You know what's funny? I think than in a week or two after the released the game will get cracked so it won't require active internet connection and will allow to keep the saved game and won't it be ironic that people who will buy the oryginal game will get penalized?

Posted on 5 Feb 2010 16:36:12 GMT
I was consider buying this until I read about the DRM...it's utterly ridiculous. Not everyone can be connected to the internet for 24/7 - some people have to pay for their internet via "pay as you go" and those idiotic little dongles you top up - that means they're actually being excluded from being able to play the game. Myself, I play on a laptop that has a very unpredictable network card that cuts me off - especially if I'm in my bedroom...so now I'm being told, "oh sorry, you don't have the right kind of connection to be entitled to play the game". For christs sakes, we're PAYING for the bloody game, how dare they dictate to us HOW we have to play it.

Posted on 9 Apr 2010 11:43:20 BDT
R. Dohmen says:
I actually bought the game and after installing my motherboard broke down. Have a new pc now but I cannot use my key anymore. It says it is already in use! I bought the game, want to enjoy it, but all this DRM scares people who are willing to buy it away! I cannot play a game anymore where I paid for! A no response from Ubisoft!

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Apr 2010 12:29:53 BDT
Last edited by the author on 23 Apr 2010 20:54:50 BDT
Ironic isn't it? You've paid your hard earned money and cannot play the game while guys who got it from some torrent site can play without any hassle. Ubisoft doesn't give a sh*t, they have your money so why they should care anymore?
Update: I found this bit of news today - looks like Ubisoft's DRM was finally cracked.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  1 Feb 2010
Latest post:  9 Apr 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Assassin's Creed II (PC)
Assassin's Creed II (PC) by Ubisoft (Windows 7 / Vista / XP)
3.0 out of 5 stars (188)