on 25 July 2012
I bought this book to prepare for my trip to Denmark without even considering other series, as I am generally satisfied with DK guidebooks for European cities and countries. This one, unfortunately, did not meet my expectations. About one third of the book is devoted to Copenhagen, another one third to Zealand. Very, very poor coverage of Funen and Jutland, while these regions are the ones that I am planning to visit (and there is really a lot to see and do based on what I found on different websites). Also, the book covers Faroe islands and Greenland - regions which one is unlikely to visit as part of Denmark trip.
on 19 July 2013
I have enjoyed reading this guide and would recommend it. It is attractive, well-organized, well-written, and thorough. What is missing for me is a much clearer statement of sight-seeing priorities. I love having lots of detail about different churches, castles, gardens, etc. to see all over Denmark, but what about making it obvious which ones absolutely shouldn't be missed? When I travel I normally use the Michelin Green guides, with their "three-start, two-star, one-star, interesting" ratings of all sights. I might find that I disagree with the Michelin classifications, but they're still invaluable. A clearer rating system in this guide would help me to set my travel priorities. Apart from that, it's a very useful book.
on 7 March 2013
We have always found the DK travel books to be really excellent - well laid out and full of useful info. This one is no exception. If you're going to Denmark (and it really is a great place to visit - grossly underrated) this is the book to get.
on 11 October 2013
A super guide book.. I only used it for Copenhagen but found it to be most helpful and informative so I saw most of interest to me of this delightful city.
on 8 June 2011
Spent a few days in Jutland and used this as a reference guide. We were staying in Herning and the book indicated, without saying so, there's not much to see but it say a few things about Ribe, which was definitely worth a visit. As usual, up to DK's high standards
on 5 September 2011
I based my holidays in Denmark on informations I read on this book and I found it very useful. Its size is very convenient for travelling.