on 21 July 2002
On a recent trip to southern california, I spent some time in Los Angeles.
Not knowing my way around, I found this book to be very useful.
It gave me great information on things to see and do as well as places to eat,drink and sleep and personal safety information.
It also gives information on renting or buying a car, something that is absolutely essential in this huge city.
As a result of buying this book, I had a fantastic time and I didn't miss a thing. Highly recommended.
on 2 February 2010
This guidebook gives a quick overview. It lacks some details and funktions. Fx. it doesn't pinpoint locations on the map.
VINE VOICEon 6 May 2011
This is a colourful small guide packed with information about this great city.

The maps are bit too small-scale to be of much use (and the detachable one is liable to get lost) but overall this is an ideal way of planning your itinary.
on 12 April 2009
Great small sized book for travelling. Great trip ideas for each area within LA.
on 10 May 2011
As with all Dorling Kindersley Eyewitness Top 10 guides, it holds a lot of useful info for the general traveller/tourist.

I try to get one for every destination I visit. My first one was Las Vegas and I bought it before I left home...it made no sense whatsoever to me before I got there. I used it whilst in Vegas and found it useful but it was only afterwards when I came home it all made so much more sense and I have visited twice since and know the area like the back of my hand, because you can keep referring back to the book. Great stuff!
on 9 October 2010
Provided all the imformation we needed for our trip to Los Angeles. Used along side a Sat Nav it was perfect.
on 15 August 2011
This is exacty what I was looking for when I was going to LA on a family holiday recently. For such a little book it is jammed packed with short concise descriptions, pictures, maps etc. It's very current and useful and fits neatly into my back pocket!
on 27 November 2011
We are going to Los Angeles in the new year and this guide has helped in planning our tour itinery for the limited time we are there. Very informative and helpful an excellent guide for those travelling to Los Angeles.
on 15 August 2014