on 10 May 2012
Miniature of the real thing - Amaretto Disaronno Liqueur, in the signature square glass bottle.
50 ml
Mini bottle....but full strength honey-coloured liquid contents - 28% alc/vol

It stands around 9 cm tall.
The base, front & back are of plain glass and the sides are frosted.
It has lightly rounded shoulders.
It wears the distinctive black cap which is around 2.25 cm square complete with the usual 1525 logo embellishment on the top, and DISARONNO around the sides, all in gold-coloured lettering.

Some enjoy its sweet flavour simply with ice, a colleague serves a mix of it in a secret recipe soured with lemon, some mix it with a fizzy favourite.....but.....mine stands with my collection of mini-measures glasses and the other miniatures I keep in my ingredient cupboard......usually for culinary purposes.....but......on high days and cold Bank holidays I can be very tempted to indulge in a 'DISARONNO MOCHA ITALIA' - a dark blend of the moreish liqueur, strong coffee and cocoa with some whipped cream to lighten up!

A cool alternative for those hot summer days:

'MACBETH - a fearsome fusion of Tennessee whisky, Disaronno, blue curaçao and 'sweet & sour', along with crushed ice for a mix that's destined to get people talking.'
The resultant strong green-coloured cocktail is hard to beat in more ways than one, in a martini glass, simply served with slice of lime and a single cherry!

And....should one little bottle not be enough.....one can also purchase a neat display of 20, from a specialist miniature-only company!

ooOoo

For information:

History in the making:1525

'The warm, sophisticated taste of DISARONNO has a lineage dating back to one of the most romantic and creative periods in Italian history - the Renaissance. In 1525, the artist Bernardino Luini, a brilliant pupil of Leonardo da Vinci - was commissioned to paint a fresco of the Madonna of the Miracles in Saronno (Madonna dei Miracoli in Saronno, where the Fresco is still displayed today).
To portray the Madonna, he chose as his muse a beautiful local innkeeper.
As a mark of her gratitude, she prepared for the artist a special gift of a flask full of an amber liqueur, fragrant and delicate. That is how the legend of DISARONNO arose: from a simple gesture of kindness and the unique handmade combination of secret ingredients.'

And......the recipe remains a well-kept secret.....and, perhaps....surprising to some... no nuts.....check out the 'FAQ' at the base of the DISARONNO website for further details.
review image review image review image review image review image
on 11 January 2012
Arrived quickly, well packaged and just what I was looking for but the shops didn't sell so ordered with ease thanks
on 16 October 2012
I am going on holiday abroad to my daughters and their husbands for 3 months and needed to take something beautiful and valuable for the boys' bar's from UK and wow wow wow...I was so delighted at the beauitful wrapped packaging it arrived in and the quality and beauty of this miniature is ever more lovely than the picture on line. Thank you for a lovely product.
on 11 April 2016
I'm a big fan of almond flavours and marzipan. I got this because I was told I would enjoy Disaronno but I didn't wanna buy a big bottle incase I didn't like it. and I love it, the flavour of the almonds is perfect and its a very smooth drink (despite is alcohol volume) I do recommend mixing it with coke.
on 6 August 2014
Perfect little bottle to add to a gift-set. It really is just a mini version of the actual Disaronno bottles. I was surprised that they kept the quality of the bottle by leaving it as glass and not plastic as many miniatures do.
on 2 October 2013
For the price I thought there might be some sort of problem with this item, there wasn't any problems, came within 2 days, lovely little bottle and will be great as a stocking filler
on 19 January 2013
The gift receiver loved the Disaronno Miniatures. Didn`t get one complaint as she quickly drank the first and casually sipped the second Disaronno I bought her.
on 2 April 2013
I choose this product as I wanted a mini bottle. The product arrived on time and in very good condition. Thoroughly recommended. Especially good for cooking
on 16 June 2013
My wife made a raspberry layer cake, made the Disaronno into a syrup for the sponge. This was for her & her sisters birthdays. Yummy with champayne
on 29 September 2013
This was also for my nephew, and he quite liked this. As with all the other Miniatures he had for his birthday, it arrived on time

See one answered question