on 25 January 2014
I was a bit sceptical upon receiving packaging with no English instructions all in Chinese, but it's simple to use if you have a brain (unlike some of the people posting 1 star reviews) I filled up the cleaner with degreaser, ran the chain through about 10 times, left it for about 10 minutes then washed away with water, leaving the chain near enough sparkly clean. It works perfectly. Although I would use it outside as it does get messy.
on 8 June 2013
I bought this thinking as it was plastic and from China it would fall apart after one use, but so far it has proved its worth a few times for cleaning a chain. I used it to rescue a very old and rusty chain and now the bike rides like a new one. Well worth it.
on 12 June 2013
Does the same job as other much more expensive chain cleaners.
Easy to use and cleans the chain well.
Recommended
on 6 May 2014
...but just takes a little longer than some of the competition's offerings!

I am impressed that it is made out of a relatively high-impact plastic and not the cheap, brittle (clear) stuff the (re-badged) Halfords' one was made out of. It is a little bit fiddly but a modicum of common sense (not to mention opening it up the right way up) alleviates the need for a user manual, so long as you've used one of these before. All it's missing is a magnet in the bottom to gather some of the swarf-like metallic detritus (but I'm sure I can knock summat together to suffice).

Exceptional value - cheap enough to replace once it wears out (and they ALL wear out with normal use!).

Thoroughly recommended.
on 14 December 2014
Cleaning chains!! What's that about?? My 35 year old 10 speed racing bike never had its chain cleaned and is still going strong. A bit of 3-in-1 twice a year is all the love it gets. As far as I was concerned the more layers of oil and grease and the blacker the chain the better.

But I bought a flashy new hybrid this year and it seems that chain cleaning is the order of the day now. These 30 gear jobs use wafer thin cogs and a chain which is lighter than an Elizabeth Duke necklace from Argos. Apparently the slightest bit of grit and dust will wear these down before your very eyes, so you now have to treat your drivechain with tender love and care if you want those 30 gears to work nice and smoothly.

So out comes the chain cleaner and now I have a sparkly chain on my hybrid ito shame the black greasy one on my old racer. I bought chain cleaner liquid, 'dry' lube(?) and a plastic thing with brushes. Maybe a bit of turps and a rag would do just as well but its only money. As far as this machine goes, it's a bit fragile but does the job, as far as I can tell.

My can of 3-in1 has been consigned to the back of the tool shelf. At least it will never go rusty.

I'm just off to strip the gearbox out of the old Mondeo now and have a go at it with some Stardrops and a toothbrush.
on 8 June 2014
Very well made and extremely useful. Thoroughly cleans chain for a give away price. Highly recommend using LOTS of soap in this for added effect.
on 6 October 2014
I have often looked at the branded chain cleaners and figured they would make the dreaded chain cleaning job much easier. However the price of those has always put me off and I figured I would clean the chain the old way (toothbrush and rag). However I saw this and thought it was so cheap I'd give it a go.

I just used it yesterday and am really impressed with how easily it gets the chain on my bike sparkling. I'm not the best at getting round to cleaning my bike so the chain hadnt been done for about 6 weeks+. Five minutes with this bad boy and it was as good as new.

I havent compared it in person to the branded ones but my guess is this may be a bit of a flimsier design but with proper care I found it to be robust enough. I did use it with a good quality citrus degreaser so that will have helped!

I also dropped it after use and all the brushes fell out which I thought was a disaster. However on inspection its really obvious where each brush goes and just slides back in very easily. No worries.

My only gripe is that it is a little fiddly to attach to the chain when filled with degreaser (Ive seen youtube videos of the branded ones which seem to be a little more user friendly in that department) but at this price I am happy enough!!!
on 1 May 2015
The cleaner arrived well within the timescale and was in good condition despite the rather flimsy packaging. It fits together easily but leaks a little in use - you can't expect Park tools quality at this price and the brushes do a reasonable job on the chain of my road bike but I would definitely reccommend a beefier model if you are looking for something to clean off a weekend's MTB offroading!
on 26 May 2013
Does what it says it will at a fraction of the cost of a similar named brand tool. I'm very happy with it.
on 1 August 2014
Bought this Chain Cleaner, and it actually does a good job for the price i paid where as you can pay a lot more for no better cleaning performance, and yes i would recommend this product and yes i would buy this item again and from this seller.