on 13 December 1998
I own a trim shop myself and do alot of custom interiors. I'm always searching for new ideas and techniques. This book has a world of knowledge for the beginner. I picked up some info myself and I've been doing this for many years. The supplier list in itself is very helpful. This is the best book on custom trim I've seen to date. There are a few vague places but it would be impossible to include every tiny detail. The book does make it sound easier than it actually is, but there is no substitute for experience. I would highly recommend this book to anyone interested in custom trim work. I wish it had been available when I started.
on 16 October 2010
This book is pretty good, with loads of pictures, etc... but the annoying thing is that it's American, so all they talk about are hot-rods and low-riders, and the presented style of customizing is focused on that too. Not a very good use for European market :/
on 31 August 2013
Very good guide with exellent colour pictures. Teaches you all basics and a lot more. Recommended for every D.I.Y upholstery trimmer.
on 7 December 2014
It is clear and prescise, but very, very American. If you're doing a hot-rod its great, not quite so useful for my Austin 7.