- Wine vintage is subject to change, though Amazon.co.uk endeavours to keep its vintage information as up to date as possible.
- Tell Us What You Think About This Wine Tried this wine and want to share your opinions on it? Why not post a review below to help other customers make an informed buying choice. Find out more about posting a customer review.
- Visit the Wine Reviews page featuring ratings from thousands of customers who have purchased and rated our most popular wines.
Curatolo Arini Curatolo Arini Coralto Nero dAvola 2011 Wine 75 cl (Case of 3)
|Price:||£36.02 (£12.01 / 75 cl) & FREE Delivery in the UK. Details|
|You Save:||£5.95 (14%)|
Order now and we'll deliver when available. We'll e-mail you with an estimated delivery date as soon as we have more information. Your account will only be charged when we dispatch the item.
- Deep ruby in colour
- Comes with purple hints and notes of violets and red cherries, plums and hints of white pepper
- On the palate this wine is medium-bodied with beautifully intense red fruit characters matched by delicate notes of spices and soft tannins
- The altitude, together with the distance from the sea, excellent diurnal variation
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Unless expressly indicated otherwise, Amazon.co.uk is not the manufacturer of the products sold on this site. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented on our website. Please always read labels, warnings, and directions provided with the product before using or consuming the product. Please see our full disclaimer below.
Curatolo Arini 'Coralto' Nero d'Avola Wine is deep ruby in colour, with purple hints and notes of violets and red cherries, plums and hints of white pepper. On the palate this wine is medium-bodied with beautifully intense red fruit characters matched by delicate notes of spices and soft tannins.
The vineyards are located in central Sicily, in the province of Caltanissetta, at about 500 metres above sea level. The altitude, together with the distance from the sea, excellent diurnal variation. The warm Sicilian sun is balanced with fresh, cool evenings, ensuring ideal conditions for ripening the grapes. The vines are planted south facing following the vertical trellis system on sandy and clay rich soil using guyot pruning.
2011 was notably wetter than average for Sicily. Not only were there copious rainfalls during the winter but these continued during the earlier parts of Spring. Summer was relatively mild, permitting grapes to ripen evenly and without flaw. Temperatures in the lead up to harvest remained consistent and were devoid of the usual excessive heat peaks during July and August. Consequently, fruit was of excellent quality.
After de-stemming and maceration on the skins for a period of eight days at a temperature of 24-26 degree C, the grapes were gently pressed and then vinified in temperature controlled stainless steel tanks. The wine then spent two to three months in used French and American oak barrels, providing the final blend with more structure and complexity. It comes with the vintage information as follows: Vintage: 2011; Grape varieties: 100% Nero cTAvola; Region: Marsala, Italy; Winemaker: Antonino Reina; Consultant Winemaker: Alberto Antonioni; Closure: Stelvin; Classification: IGP; Alcohol(ABV): 13.5%; Acidity: 6g/l; Residual Sugar: 3.5 g/l; Wine pH: 3.35.