Format: Hardcover|Change

on 29 April 2009
I received this book as a Secret Santa present and it's one of the best gits I've ever had!! I've tried many of the recipes and they've all turned out perfectly, and believe me I'm not an experienced baker at all! Everything I've baked so far has received much praise from friends (I've even been asked to do cupcakes for a wedding and a christening - entirely thanks to this book, seriously!) and the recipes are very simple to follow. I would go as far as to say they're actually foolproof - if I can do it anyone can.

There's something for everyone in here - various chocolate versions, fruit, classic and quirky!
on 2 April 2009
This is a brilliant book for anyone looking to start baking their own cakes,all the recipes ive tried have turned out perfectly and have been much admired and gratefully received!!! This book has been the basis for my inspiration and the recipes are easily adapted to personal taste and decoration.Basically this is a foolproof recipe book which i would thoghrouly recommend!
on 21 May 2008
This book was given to me as a gift and so far I have thoroughly enjoyed using it! The recipes are well-presented and easy to follow, and are accompanied by beautiful photographs of the cakes to give you an idea of how to decorate them. At the back of the book is a guide to decorating your cakes too, which is incredibly useful. I have no doubt you will love this book should you choose to buy it, plus the cakes taste fantastic!
I bought this book as a gift for a friend and she was absolutely delighted with it (as was her boyfriend!!). She said it had just about every recipe you would need for a cupcake (including one for a carrot cake). Excellent value!!
on 26 March 2014
Probably more for a beginner and the cupcake recipes are basic and not too inventive. Perhaps better for a younger person or someone just starting out. I personally don't agree with the measurements they give to make the cakes.
on 20 July 2010
I have quite a few books on cupcakes and bake many varieties and often! This book is great - cute stencils in the back. Recipes all worked and perfectly as mentioned by previous purchasers. 5 stars - good job!
on 21 May 2014
Bought this book so cheaply have looked through it and there seems to be some good ideas for cupcakes, but have yet to try them out. Book arrived promptly and is in good condition.
on 7 December 2012
I bought this book for my daughter who has just got into cupcake making. She was delighted with this as it is book easily stored in a drawer.
on 22 February 2010
I love the retro look of this book but I didn't get on with any of the recipes - each one has been disappointing with consistency of the cake mix being very odd despite following the recipes to the letter. It looks nice on the shelf though...
on 20 October 2014