on 5 August 2014
Fantastic piece of kit. Well made, versatile and provides robust, rock steady support for my Panasonic G6 plus zoom. Much better than cheap full size tripods and monopods. It's probably going to be heavier than you think it will be (250 g) but that's the price of stability, bomb proof quality and a secondary use if some-one tries to mug you! Probably overkill for small compacts and too small for heavy DLSR combo's. Ideal for most mirror-less body / lens combo's and bridge camera's

Beside being used as a tripod I've found it to be extremely useful when closed up and used more as a small monopod to be held on anything steady -- balcony, ledge etc .Closed up the ball head enables me to use it as a monopod against my chest and the length is just the right distance to comfortably see the rear camera screen. This has proved to be extremely stable and enabled me to get much better low light shots than hand-held -- portrait or landscape. The feet are blunt and rubber tipped (unlike some other makes) and this makes it comfortable against the chest. Closed up also provides you with a very stable handle for selfies, panning , and shots from above your head! Somewhere on the net I saw a suggestion that with a stick held between the three legs with a strong elastic band the Copter turns into a full size mono-pod! There's quite a few reviews on Youtube but non that I've seen highlight the chest rest use.

If I was being super picky I'd say that it's a pity that the legs don't lock at anything less than fully splayed but my advice is buy it -- you won't be disappointed. I've tried others including the larger Gorillapod but this is now my go to piece of kit -- mainly because of size and the mono-pod uses. Don't make the mistake of buying the cheaper version that comes without the ball-head -- the ball-head is responsible for all the versatility. I chose the purple version because its £5.00 less on Amazon than the black one (The grey one is £41.46!) and have been quite pleased with it -- it's a darker purple and stands out amongst all my other black kit.
on 13 September 2014
The knob on the side of the tripod head is glued to the spindle instead of being machined to mate securely with the spindle. The spindle has notches all the way around it, but the inside of the knob is smooth.

Once the glue fails the knob spins freely on the spindle without engaging it, so the tripod head can no longer be tightened or loosened.

Two pictures illustrating the problem are attached to this review.

It's a shame, since the legs of the tripod are sturdy and solid but, without the range of movement offered by the tripod head, any camera could only be fixed directly to the legs to point squarely ahead.

The tripod was received in October 2013 and used maybe a dozen times in the last eleven months before the glue failed.
review image review image
I bought this to use on day trips or taking out (photo and video work) Requirements were smallest size possible, light and sturdy enough to work with larger cameras.

This comes nicely boxed with the CB2.7 "ball head" this tiny head has a single rubber knob that locks rotation and position, and importantly the ability to hold position for vertical shooting via the cut out section, this alone made the product worth a look. Quality is excellent very solid with good finishing on the product, dense rubber tipped feet, a clever reversible platform that changes into a hot shoe holder for a flash some smart thinking on this part from the maker.

Folded length is a mere 21.5cm (from rubber tips to the ball head platform), fully extended the height is 16.5cm. With a camera mounted it's very sturdy and solid, though you'll have to tighten the ball head up a bit to lock with a heavy camera. Max weight supported (with the ball head) is 1KG it can probably deal with a bit more, remove the ball head and the platform can support heavier weights no problems at all.

This is a sturdy very well made tripod and ideal for ILC and compact users. When I did mount one of my DSLR's it holds, but the platform with the screw thread is quite small and hard plastic, this has left a mark on my camera base plate (dug into it) It would be better if this were a hard rubber compound and a little larger to help spread the weight it's a bit concentrated in a small area. With lighter cameras this is a great little mini tripod, I'm not 100% sure it's ideal for heavier ones. Saying that not unhappy with it overall, but it's not a product I'd want to use with my bigger cameras on a regular basis, you can swap out the head for another one with a larger platform but the CB 2.7 should be somewhat larger at the top for a more spread out support, great for smaller cameras though.
review image review image review image
on 19 December 2012
This is the best small tripod that I have seen or had,it is so well made
and works so well,it is amazing.I would be lost without it.
on 30 July 2013
This is a great mini-tripod. Sturdy build with high quality materials. It holds my Canon 60D with the 16-35mm f2.8 just fine. Good ballhead that's easy to adjust.

There is both a hotshoe adn 3/4 tripod plate on the ballhead. Making it easy to mount lights, microphones and other accessories to the tripod.

Worth all the money, and the best mini-tripod I've used! Perfect for traveling.
on 21 February 2014
Very solidly made and the ball head is surprisingly good (considering its size) with a cleverly designed mechanism with panning base: the whole thing locks easily but when loosened just slightly allows easy panning without unlocking the ball itself. I've never used a "single knob" ball head that works better than this one. Superb design.

My only criticism is the diameter of the reversible disk that serves as a camera platform - it's very small, allowing too much flexing (and stress!) on the camera baseplate and leading to unwanted vibrations. I replaced it with a much larger disk from an old ball head I had lying around and the difference was dramatic, making the whole thing much more rigid and vibration free.

With a better designed camera platform it would easily get 5 stars from me, but even as it stands it's well worth its cost.
on 9 November 2012
I'd call this a gateway product. I'd never used a Cullmann tripod before, it's always been Manfrotto, but this is a really nice piece of kit.
I've used the head on a monopod to great effect with a d40 and a g3. The tripod is comfortably strong and wide enough for my g3 in portrait mode.
For £20 it's a bargain.
on 23 April 2012
This is an excellent product. It will support the heaviest of bridge cameras and is very solidly built and stable.
The only slight downside is that twice, when I was taking it as hand luggage through customs, the officials didn't know what is was and I had to unpack and demonstrate it.
on 1 April 2016
Was trying to decide between this and the Manfrotto Pixi. I haven used the Pixi so can't really compare but I am really happy with this. Cullman have a good reputation and that's reflected in the build quality of this mini tripod. It feels really solid in your hands. It feels pretty satisfying the way the legs fold up to make a cylinder, which is comfortable to hold if you wanted to use it as a bit of a "selfie stick", or to hold your camera up higher for shooting from a slightly higher viewpoint.

It supports an E-M5 with 12-50mm lens easily, but it might slip with much heavier lenses.
on 7 September 2014
Great little tripod. Stable enough to hold a (heavy) Pentax K-30 DSLR with a Sigma 18-200mm zoom lens. Also works great to hold remote flash unit. Ball head unit feels solid and I have had no issues with it coming loose. Rubber feet on the legs also makes sure there is no additional movement of the tripod.

Only downside is that it is a bit heavy and I would love to see a newer model with lighter materials or the legs drilled out to reduce total weight. Also there is no adjustment on the amount of splay on the legs so there is essentially only one height that the tripod sits at.