on 11 June 2008
I collect books on Greek food with some enthusiasm - particularly the food of the islands. So was looking forward to this. But I found it a great disappointment.

If you like lots and lots of pictures - of food, boats, bottles being emptied, blenders etc then you will enjoy it more. I wanted most of that space and expense to be committed to recipes. Kyriakou's personal narrative didn't add much for me. All feels like a bit of an ego trip sadly.

There are some good recipes but not enough for the money. But if you buy for the pictures as much as the recipes then this may be for you. I will stick with Rosemary Barron, Rena Salaman, Diane Kochilas etc
on 29 October 2008
I bought this as I love cookbooks from different regions and Greek food is not one I have bought before. In fact, I have many stuck to Indian, Italian and Spanish, which are my favs.
However, I am really pleased I branched out into this one as it is beautiful and full of fantastic recipes. There are all the traditional recipes you would expect, plus much more. The photos are clearly all shot in Greece and make me want to go on holiday there immediately.
I am not sure the cover does this justice to the insides but then Greek food is not notorious for being that appetising! But it certainly is delicious.