on 6 March 2012
Purchased this after purchasing a new cue and wanted an item that would shape the tip without using sandpaper. This item is great. The shaping part is very simple and quick to use and gave my tip the shape i wanted. The scuff end is as simple to use and allowed a new tip to accept chalk very quickly. It fits neatly in my case. It was delivered very quickly by Cuesports.
on 29 October 2014
This is a very solid lump of metal. The shaping surface is rough and will wear down the cue tip to the curve shape in a few mintues, the roughening side works nicely. I've not needed to use the spikes to help the cue take chalk after shaping. I used this on three cues, and they now all take the chalk very nicely and all give better control of the balls.
on 31 May 2012
It does exactly what you need. One end scuffs, the other shapes and there is even an pricking tool for when the tipp gets compacted so it can hold chalk better
on 12 May 2015
I really like this tool. The cues that came with my pool table are not the best quality, but this tiptool really has helped to improve them! It has a scuff side for roughing up the tip to make the chalk grip and the other side shapes it, but is still scratchy, ensuring it does not re-polish the tip!
on 4 January 2015
This is my second purchase of this item: the first was a gift for a friend, and, having seen and used it, I had to have one of my own! It is an excellent tool for any owner of a cue: does the job well, is good value for money and will last years - probably decades. I would recommend it without hesitation.
on 24 May 2016
Brought me tip to life again chalk also sticks to it better
on 15 October 2013
Very abrasive so good for bringing life back to a used tip.

Other tools better for finesse.

A useful addition to my kit.
on 21 February 2013
i gave it this rating becasue its amazing!
its probably the best one on the market, well worth investing in one.

i would recomend it to every snooker player that takes the game seriously
on 18 November 2013
This little tool definitely makes it easier to shape your cue tip quickly and easily and I can keep it in the cue case I have so I have it with me whenever I play snooker. The scuffing end is very useful to use when the tip stops accepting chalk and the pricking tool definitely helps when the tip gets too compacted over time. It is rather abrasive though, but I found that pressing a bit softer than I would with sandpaper made it work just as well.
on 15 August 2013
Arrived quickly, Solid tool. Does the job required and my cue holds the chalk much better. Very pleased. Better quality than other tools I have bought in the past.