Format: Amazon Video|Change
Price:£2.49

on 14 July 2015
I bought this film because of the great cast, including Nick Frost, Olivia Colman, Ian McShane and Chris O'Dowd. I didn't know of Rashida Jones, but thought it was worth a look. Having read other reviews I was a little apprehensive because it clearly didn't do it for some of the Salsa crowd.
However, its a great little film with some terrific performances by all the main cast. It's a comedy and the fact that obviously there are dance stand ins when the cast are involved didn't detract at all for me. The story is about a shy guy who has lost his mojo and who is inspired by love for a seemingly unreachable girl to rediscover his hidden talents and to blossom again, at the same time he faces childhood demons and in so doing rescues his life. There are some great performances from Kayvan Novak and Rory Kinnear as well and a cameo from Simon Pegg (see if you can spot him doing his Hitchcock bit). Anyway, its a great feel good film, well worth a look.
on 11 May 2015
Nice film for young(ish) and old alike. Watched this on a rainy Sunday and we all had a good giggle. Nice to see Olivia Coleman when she doesn't have a murder to solve. She plays the main character's sister. She's not in it tjhat much though. Nick Frost's films are always heart warming. We watched it because we like latin american music and we all do zumba and salsa. Whichever dancers do the real (stunt) dancing are awesome. Like most dance films there is a wee bit of dancing here and there followed by a frenzy of dance at the end with a nice story line to keep you watching.
TOP 50 REVIEWERon 2 March 2015
* What it's about:
Nick Frost plays a guy who wants to impress the pretty new boss lady in the office with his own dancing skills when he discovers she likes Salsa dancing. The problem? He hasn't danced in over 20 years and has kind of lost his touch. That and the fact that the better-looking office sleeze also has is eye on the same girl.

* What I thought about it:
This dance-orientated British romcom is a nice movie to watch if you're craving listening to some Salsa music and are up for a bit of light-hearted fun. It's really well-paced, has a fantastic upbeat sound-track, is really well put togethed editing-wise, and has you rooting for the likeable main character all the way through. A little silly and crass in places, and I would have liked to have seen the main character to be a little more convincing as someone who was a serious dancer in his youth, but that didn't detract from my enjoyment of the movie too much. I also appreciated the little cameo from Nick Frost's partner in crime (or at least partner in many films) Simon Pegg!
on 26 July 2015
I had convinced myself that I wouldn't enjoy this film but I couldn't have been more mistaken. This made me laugh so much I cried with laughter. The whole cast is absolutely superb but especially Nick Frost. Okay, Nick's not the best salsa dancer I've seen but he gives it his heart and soul and that is good enough for me. He just nails his character so much that you feel so much empathy for him whilst laughing out loud at his talent for comedic faces and fantastic one-liners.

A great film to watch for that feel good factor. The music is just fantastic - very uplifting. I would recommend this film to anyone who wants a good laugh.
on 5 July 2014
Entertaining and funny but a little bit silly in places.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 16 June 2014
I was not expecting to enjoy "Cuban Fury", but I did. It's an engaging crowd-pleaser - sweet, quite amusing and full of [somewhat] rude jokes. I cannot stand cheesy Hollywood flicks, but here we have a solid British attempt at a funny film! It has plenty of warmth, energy and many genuine laughs, not to mention some sensational dance sequences. Oh, and the Middle East lothario Bejan simply steals the show! There is no chemistry between the leads, but you don't really need any romance, the film simply carries its heart (it's corazon!) on its sleeve - and that's enough. Yes, there are a few clichés, and we all know what will happen in the end, but it didn't stop me from loving "Cuban Fury"!
on 6 June 2016
Well, I bought this cos I like Nick Frost in his other films starring Simon Pegg but this is the first film I've watched with just Nick Frost in and for a Comedy..it's not all that funny but it's an alright film I suppose, just wouldn't class it as a comedy film. There's funny moments but only a few and even they aren't really funny so I couldn't decide whether to give this film a 2 Star Rating or a 3 Star Rating and then I decided to get it 3 just cos it's not a terrible film....just not really funny
on 23 June 2014
Nick Frost plays a the nice guy who chases a girl he thinks is out of his league. It's a familiar story but there are some nice comedy moments, especially in his encounters with his office love rival, Chris O'Dowd and from his camp dance class buddy, salsa addict, Bejan. Not a comedy classic but nicely put together with a few laugh out loud moments.
on 4 October 2015
Don't think I laughed once. This film is just not funny. Love Nick Frost in other films but this was just awful. I had been watching it for about 1hr but it seemed much much much longer. The rest of my family lost interest very quickly. Watched on Prime so at least did not pay for it (directly).
on 12 June 2015
It is funny Nick Frost and Chris O'Dowd play their parts very well as does Ian McShane and the lovelly Rashida Jones.

It's a feel good film with some very funny parts, very distinctly British with some clever touches.