Format: Paperback|Change

on 16 August 2009
A very good introduction to using Crystal Reports; It's not - and doesn't set out to be - the definitive guide to the software, but it really gets you started and producing effective results very quickly.

Well worth the money.
on 3 October 2011
I bought this book as I was going to have to deliver a course on Crystal Reports to some beginners. It was very well presented and in the style of this series of books, walked one through from the very beginning without assuming any knowledge at all. And that's why I am a little curious. Crystal Reports, as far as I know, is a piece of software used in work environments to get information from databases. Are there really many such people who would need to use Crystal to create reports from scratch without understanding the software? Assuming I am wrong and there are, it's a great way to get going. Assuming I am right, it will not do as a reference-style resource where you can learn about the functionality of Crystal Reports. So, as a practical guide to getting things done in a pinch - great. As a reference book on Crystal Reports - not suitable.