Customer Discussions > Crysis 2 (PS3) forum

Crysis 2 - PS3 over PC?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 16 Jul 2010 10:33:38 BDT
Teel says:
How much will the graphics suffer on PS3? I have currently a quad-core PC with 8800 GT, so for Crysis 2 I would probably have to scale down the graphics a bit, so what do you think will be better for me? PC or PS3 version?

I would prefer the PS3 because of trophies, and generally I just like the system, but I'm not sure of the graphics.

I did found this article, where the Crytek CEO says the dev team maxed out the PS3, and "There's not much more you can do and frankly the breakthrough was very recent, and otherwise we would've had a compromised strategy on the consoles, which we don't have now." (http://news.softpedia.com/news/Crysis-2-Maxes-Out-the-PlayStation-3-Says-Crytek-CEO-114271.shtml) Am I to understand from this that the PS3 version is not a compromise at all? It will be basically the same as the PC version?

Posted on 18 Jul 2010 15:17:10 BDT
jonasnadine says:
in my opinion the graphic on ps3 is basicly the same... i will buy it for ps3, because my friends play all ps3 and i use my computer (also quad core and gt8800) only for internet, video cutting, downloading....

Posted on 26 Nov 2010 17:10:44 GMT
its gunna eb a tuff choice for me im a pc and ps3 gamer, i loved crysis 1 on pc and im sure ill love crysis 2 just as much and maybe playstation will take away the magic but then again it might be even better so im in 2 minds. i have a high spec pc so im ok on that front

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Dec 2010 17:11:22 GMT
Flindell says:
This game has greater emphasis on multi player which in my opinion a PC can not match for the size of the community and ease of connectivity a console can offer. Note the limited edition is currently the same price as standard so is well worth a look.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Crysis 2 (PS3) forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  16 Jul 2010
Latest post:  14 Dec 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Crysis 2 (PS3)
Crysis 2 (PS3) by Electronic Arts (PlayStation 3)
4.1 out of 5 stars   (77)