Crossfade M-80 Shadow On-Ear Headphones
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Ergonomic steelflex headband
- Exoskeleton hard case
- V-port v3 soundstage
- 40mm patented dual-diaphragm
- Interchangeable metal shields
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Why Crossfade M-80?M-80 sets the mobile audiophile standard for precision audio, comfort & rock-solid engineering…
- Superior Sound
- Military-Level Durability
- Comfort, Customization, Style
- Ultra-Compact Size
- Detachable Microphone & Audio Cables
Superior Sound. Smaller Size.
Immersive 3D Soundstage: Evokes the experience of a live performance
Clean Deep Bass: Feel and hear the precise vibrations of your music without bloated boom or a muddy mid-range
Crystal Clear Highs & Vivid Midrange: Lifelike vocals, crystal clear cymbals and crispy hi-hats
Comfort & Sound: Ergonomic SteelFlex headband & supple memory foam cushions naturally form to your head and ears
M-80's explosive sound is created by:
- 40mm Dual-Diaphragm Driver (Patent Pending): Inner and outer rings separate the bass from bleeding into the mids and highs
- Master Crafted Materials: More expensive driver and components than peer headphones at this price range
- Modern Audiophile Tuning: Fine-tuned by over 50 legendary producers, artists and DJs to be the perfect mobile headphone for auditioning, producing and mastering music on the go
- Analog Noise Isolation: Naturally cut out the distractions of jet engines, crying babies and crowd noise
- No Batteries or Artificial Processing: Powerful, pure sound without the two extra digital-to-analog conversions of battery powered headphones that pollute the purity of your music
- Minimal Sound Leakage: Immersive sound for you without bothering others
- Consistent Driver Quality: Quality tested across the frequencies to maintain stricter consistency unit-to-unit than competitors, often by an order of magnitude
Military-Level Durability MIL-STD-810G
- Virtually Indestructible STEELFLEX Headband
- Steel Frame and Interchangeable Aircraft Grade Metal Shields
- 2-Year Warranty & 50% Immortal Life Program
- Kevlar Reinforced Cable/Plug Bend: Cables and 45-degree plug can bend over 1 million times (100x industry standard)
- Concrete Drop: Survives 70+ drops on concrete from 6 feet (10x industry standard)
- Headband Bend: SteelFlex can bend 10+ times flat
- Environmental: High and low temperatures, humidity, salt spray and UV exposure
Comfort, Customization, Style
- Inspired in Italy, Styled in Hollywood: Stylish colors and metal beats plastic headphones
- 4+ Years of R&D: Resulted in an ergonomic headband and hexagon shape that contours to the natural lines of your facial features and ears
- Optional Custom Shield Kits: Laser engrave your logo or change your shield color
- Optional Cables & Ear Cushions: Choose from a variety of color and feature options so that you have a different headphone than everybody else
Ultra-Compact Design & Travel Case
- 53% Smaller Design: Rock M-80 as your "daily driver" for all your calls and music, it is half the size of its over-ear siblings so you can wear it all day long
- Hear, There, Anywhere: Perfect for nearly any scenario including commuting, conference calls, travel, gym, office or mobile music production
- Form-Fitting Case: Store your headphones and gear in the included hard-shell case
- V-STRAP System: Organize included cables and 1/4" adapter via the V-STRAP systems inside the exoskeleton case, with extra room left over for your USB Flash Drive and Fader earplugs
Detachable Cables: Make the Call.
- SpeakEasy 1-Button Mic for Android and smartphones/tablets: Specially tuned for voice recognition and calls in the noisiest environments, the 1-button control universally works with all 3.5mm smartphones and tablets including Android, Windows, Blackberry, Kindle and Apple
- SpeakEasy 3-Button Mic for Apple: 3-button remote microphone cable controls your calls, music and volume on the latest Apple devices including iPhone, iPad, iPod, and Macbooks
- Optional BoomPro Cable: Extend your functionality with a professional-grade boom mic for gaming, Skype or podcast/broadcast use (not included)
Which One is for You?
|Crossfade M-100 |
white silver matte black
|Crossfade LP2 |
|Crossfade LP |
nero gunmetal black
chrome rouge white pearl
|Crossfade M-80 |
shadow white pearl
|Sound Signature||M-Class "Modern Audiophile"||LP-Class "Live Play"||LP-Class "Live Play"||M-Class "Modern Audiophile"|
|Character||audiophile balanced, precision bass, vivid mids, crystal clear ultra wide highs, 3D sound stage||refined vibrant bass, vivid mids, vivacious highs, 3D sound stage||vibrant bass, vivid mids, vivacious highs, 3D sound stage||balanced, precision bass, vivid mids, crystal clear highs, 3D sound stage|
|Driver||M-100 Dual-Diaphragm |
|LP2 Dual-Diaphragm |
|LP Dual-Diaphragm |
|M-80 Dual-Diaphragm |
|SteelFlex Headband|| |
|Passive Noise Isolation|| |
|Exoskeleton Case|| |
|Dual Inputs|| |
|SpeakEasy Mic|| |
|CoilPro Compatible (not included)|| |
|BoomPro Compatible (not included)|| |
|Kevlar Reinforced Cables||• 1-Button SpeakEasy mic cable |
• SharePlay audio cable
|• 3-Button mic cable |
• Extended Audio cable
|• 3-Button mic cable |
• Audio Only cable
|• 3-Button SpeakEasy mic cable |
• 1-Button SpeakEasy mic cable
|Customization||optional||gunmetal shields included ||optional||optional|
Developed by Musicians & Travelers
V-MODA is the authentic music brand that fuses fashion and function. Headphones are essential tools for mobile producers and musicians who require unparalleled performance delivered reliably, night in and night out. The founder of V-MODA, also a producer and DJ, designed the M-80 to deliver professional sound yet withstand even the rigorous needs of globetrotting travelers.
The Crossfade series was master crafted by the people - over 200 audiophiles, editors, artists, DJs and Grammy-winning musicians collaborated for years on the tuning and features of the line. V-MODA utilized hundreds of prototypes to gain feedback from the collective masterminds of the best in the business to create the ultimate versatile and customizable headphone.
1x Crossfade M-80
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
I spent some time researching on-ears (supra-aural) headphones before buying the V-Moda M-80 as I was looking for something that had excellent sound, good build quality and would work well both unamplified and amplified. The headphones must also be portable, i.e. not full size, over-ears (circum-aural) headphones, must be comfortable for long periods of time and provide sufficient isolation from outside noise, without leaking sound and annoying others around me. They also must work well with all my portable devices (HTC One X, iPod Video, Sansa Clip Zip, Colorfly C3)
My musical tastes run from classical right through pop, rock, metal and dance and trying to find headphones that suit all genres, and that sound equally well on all devices, is difficult. I typically listen to portable audio in either high bitrate (320k) MP3's or FLAC. Having read extensive reviews of the M80's on the head-fi forums, on here and on other websites/forums, I felt confident enough to take the plunge and purchase them.
So, on to the review...
Comes in a high quality box, sealed with a ribbon that you have to cut to open. Within the box is an even higher quality hard case that contains the headphones, two different cables for them (one for Apple devices, one for everything else) and a lanyard clip for hooking the carry case onto a belt loop or rucksack. The inside of the carrying case is finished in a red velour type of material that will keep your headphones secure and scratch free.
The headphones have a solid steel band.Read more ›
First impressions... These are comfortable headphones which, based on what I've read, will only get more comfortable as the memory foam molds to my head shape. The noise isolation is surprisingly good. I couldn't hear my girlfriend talk from a few feet away. Similarly, I barely heard any traffic sounds when I went outdoors. The sound quality is excellent. I use M-80s with my Samsung Galaxy smarthphone without a portable amp and the sound is full. At 75% volume from the smartphone, they are already a bit too loud. I listen to modern rock and pop, and I would say the sound is lively with the emphasis on bass (which M-80s have plenty although they are not the overpowering sort). While the vocals do sound clear and great, the emphasis is clearly on somewhere else. The set of accessories that come with these cans is excellent. I especially love the carry case which is super handy and durable.Read more ›
- unbelievable built and finish quality
- nice "V" shaped sound signature for those who likes crisp trebles and deep basses (deep but not too "beats style" deep)
- good passive external sound isolation
- impressive soundstage for a closed back small headphone
- headband pressure pending for the strong side but still confortable though
- the carrying case do not fit the headphone with the cable attached, adding unnecessary stress to de plug conector
These V-Moda headphones deliver outstanding audio quality across a diverse range of music - connected either to my iPod Touch or iPad. I am delighted with them. Far better than the Beats phones, which I found too bass heavy. I also prefer the sound quality to the B&W and Bose offerings. They are still far from cheap (I paid £115) but the quality/value is superb compared to the more expensive offerings from B&W and Bose. The build quality is also superb, these will not be damaged easily.
For those who care about such things (I don't), they look good too.
Sound - I am very pleased with the sound coming from these, they are balanced and well rounded leaning toward the bassier side of things. However they don't colour the tracks which are lacking in bass, acoustic and classical sound natural and clear, which for this size and type (closed back) is very good! For the price the sound is excellent, I much prefer the sound over the Bose which coloured the sound too much, rendering tracks with little bass very flat and lifeless. They reproduce very deep bass without compromising the rest of the sound.
Durability - Cannot fault the build quality of these headphones. They are very solid and come with a hard carry case which does a very good job of protecting them. I have broken one jack already but that was my fault (sat on it) and you can't expect it to withstand that!
Comfort - I listened to these on a 10 hour flight to and from Mexico, after 2 hours I got some listening fatigue but you will with any other headphone. They do exert a fair amount of pressure on your head which is reassuring at first but after a few hours it does start to hurt ears and if you have a larger head i'm sure it will be uncomfortable from the get go. You can however weaken the headband by bending it outwards. since there is no other way of making it larger.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I've used these for over a year now, bought them mainly for wearing out / working.
The big deal breaker for some might be that these get quite uncomfortable after a few hours... Read more
The performance of these headphones is exceptional, the only minor downside is they can begin to hurt your ears after prolonged use (3-4 hours). Read morePublished on 27 Dec. 2013 by Peter Lucas
A high quality sound a modern design an extremly durable,comes with nice accessory especially kevlar exoskeleton,highly recommend in comparison price/quality.Published on 29 Aug. 2013 by Pawel
I've returned these headphones as after just over a month one headphone was cutting out (cable fault I think). Read morePublished on 14 July 2013 by robin
Researched online - decided to buy. Headphones arrived on time (Royal Mail postie left in Blue recycle bin: great choice as that saved me having to go and pickup from the sorting... Read morePublished on 7 Jun. 2013 by Dr. M. D. De Luca
First off, I thought these were really good headphones, however after just over a month they had broke with an improper connection fault, which is not supported by the warranty. Read morePublished on 22 May 2013 by Louie A.
I would say my head is average sized, but these i had to extend fully and they would still squish my head. Read morePublished on 15 May 2013 by Martyn Kenyon
First Of All, I am confused why people find Beats nice looking when M80 blows Beats into pieces any day. Read morePublished on 30 April 2013 by DropForged