on 16 May 2013
This is a great product, well made and sold at a keen price - the delivery was faster than predicted or expected. We will be using The Quilted Bear again.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 10 August 2014
A couple of months (or so) ago I discovered that my sewing kit had been "misplaced" after we'd had visitors, so I've had to start rebuilding what has been lost. That is over 30 years of sewing equipment - much of it being items which have been passed down from generation to generation and, as such, are heartbreakingly irreplaceable.

I started with the main components that I use all the time - scissors (embroidery and shears), sewing needles (both tapestry and sharps), tape measures and embroidery hoops of various sizes.

The hoops I was used to working with had been given to me by my mother when she first taught me to sew. They were given to her when she first learnt to sew as a child, so they had been well used and had a lovely colour and smoothness.

I needed a hoop (at least one) and, though I have used 4 inch hoop, I must admit that I find it almost impossible to work with anything smaller than an 8 inch.

So I took my time and looked around. I discovered that my local "knitting" shop has changed hands and they only stocked small rings which weren't true adjustable ones, but rather the flexible display rings (like this one).

I went to a famous hobby shop and found rings like these at just under 10 times the price! I contacted my favourite supplier "Willow Fabrics" in Mobberley but they were out of the rings size I was looking for so, being desperate I decided to risk it and buy this one.

I felt a little rough when it arrived but, as my mother pointed out, it would smooth out over time and there were no areas of it where it might pull the delicate material threads - I have a piece of Chinese silk which was previously ruined and rolled it around the hoop to check and it did not pull, neither did it pull when I took it off and on the material.

The adjustable nut is easy to use and stays tight.

Overall I am happily surprised by the hoop and look forward to using it for many years to come, obviously it isn't of the quality of those old ones which had been handed down to me but it is highly unlikely that you could get any of those these days anyway.
on 12 December 2013
I needed this hoop for free motion embroidery. It is perfect. I may be ordering more in different sizes in the future.
on 12 February 2015
The screw was difficult to use and did not tighten very well. It was cheap but I had to buy one from a craft shop where I could try out the effectiveness of the tightener.
on 14 May 2015
Very satisfied with this item. Had never done embroidery before with a hoop, so it was an experiment. Arrived quickly. Was hard to tell from the picture what the quality would be like, but on arrival, I found it was quite solid and strong enough. I think it would be easier to start off using a smaller hoop as it would be easier to hold when embroidering. I have persevered and my first work of art is looking pretty good!
on 28 May 2016
Not happy at all. Wood was rough and as a result I have had several splinters. It works but in doing so you will definitely receive splinters!
on 17 August 2015
What can I say it's an embrodery frame, it does what it says on the tin.
on 19 March 2015
I am happy with my purchase and the service provided.
on 6 February 2015
Excellent embroidery hoop, nice size and good quality
on 3 June 2016
Fast delivery and a good quality product