- Loose Leaf: 450 pages
- Publisher: Croner.CCH (3 May 1988)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0900319569
- ISBN-13: 978-0900319563
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 6,960,104 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Solicitor, Speaker, Publisher and Author
Runs Singletons Solicitors
Singlelaw Conferences and Publishing
Nabarro Trainee Solicitor
Slaughter and May Solicitor
1994 to Date : Runs own commercial law firm - Singletons
Susan Singleton is arguably one of the UK's most prolific legal authors. Despite being author of 30 books and writing regular columns in many monthly journals, her principal activity is as a solicitor with her own London firm, Singletons which specialises in competition law, intellectual property law, IT/ecommerce and general commercial law. Trained at Nabarro, she joined Slaughter and May's EC/Competition Law Department on qualifying, moving to Bristows, where she remained until founding her own firm in 1994. Since then she had advised nearly 700 clients. According to the Chambers and Partners Legal Directory she is one of the UK's leading Lawyers. She acted for the claimant in the first damages action for breach of the EU competition rules to come before the English courts Arkin v Borchard and Others and is regularly involved in major High Court litigation and OFT/EU matters. Her clients range from major plcs and institutions to small start up businesses.
She is author of over 30 law books on topics such as internet and ecommerce law, competition law, commercial agency law, data protection legislation and intellectual property and writes legal articles monthly for Consumer Law Today, IT Law Today as well as regularly for Solicitors Journal, Purchasing and Supply Law Briefing and other publications.
In 2010 she acquired and now publishes long standing legal newsletters IT Law Today, Corporate Briefing and Finance and Credit Law from Informa.
She speaks at about 50 conferences a year in the UK and abroad (details at singlelaw.com) and in the last six months has given 1 - 2 day training courses in Iran, Dubai, Switzerland, Nigeria, Belgium and Paris in areas such as contract law, data protection and intellectual property, competition and commercial law fields, both in the UK and abroad.
She also provides life coaching.
Contact email@example.com for any comments on books, legal advice, conferences, writing, life coaching or other areas or to subscribe to the legal newsletters IT Law Today, Corporate Briefing or Finance and Credit Law.
1. She is Vice Chairman of the Competition Law Association http://www.legalinter.net/
2. Member of the Licensing Executives Society (EC/Laws Committee) http://www.les-bi.org/
3. Serves on the Contracts Group of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS - www.cips.org).
4. From September 2005 - June 2010 she sat as an independent Board member on the Direct Marketing Commission - http://www.dmcommission.com/.
5. She is chairmain of the Pinner Hill Residents Association - www.pinnerhill.org.
6. Member of the Chamber for Sustainable Tourism Law Pearlas http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=815322.
She was married for 19 years and has five children. She lives in London and enjoys her children, singing, walking, skiing, thinking, writing, philosophy, religion, bikram yoga, history, psychology. She also enjoys her unspoilt Panamanian island.
http://www.film-locations.co.uk/catalog.php?item=805 in the Pearl Islands, Panama.
Tel +44 (0) 20 8866 1934
Fax +44 (0) 20 8866 6912