Format: Paperback|Change

on 12 February 2004
How many assignments have you tackled that ask you to critically review or evaluate practice? In my experience every single one. This book is the answer. It comprehensively covers all areas of Social Work Practice and invites the reader to grow professionally and personally as it offers an insight into the reflective skills needed to be an effective, transformingly critical practioner.
The book is helpfully structured into sections with easy to dip into chapters which is invaluable when looking for references. I especially liked the conclusions at the end of each chapter which give a clear synopsis of the contents. The list of contributors is an impressive who's who of contemporary, social work authors.
I'm glad I have added it to my bookshelf and consider it and its companion, Social Work: Themes, Issues and Critical Debates, essential reading.
on 13 January 2011
The many sections and topics in this book can be very specfic, so the majority of the book may not seeem relevent to your particular field of practice.
However the book is exactly its title 'critical'. I have found it very difficult to get literature that is a good example of critical practice and promtps critical thinking. I would definitly recommend this book. It is an interestign read, and opposed to giving facts and theories, helps you develop on another level conceptually.
on 25 May 2012
I found this book to be very useful for my studies (Student Social Worker). It is thought-provoking and inspiring and has been an excellent resource for assignments and practice alike.
on 3 April 2014
The book received on time as advertised by the seller. I would recommend the to any social work student
who wants to understand critical thinking in the profession
on 26 January 2014
Fast service , item arrived in excellent condition. Very good reference. Will tell friends and plan to shop again.
Value for money and very informative.
on 22 December 2013
This is one of the books I bought in the final year of my degree. It was very helpful. I used it for several assignments. Would recommend.
on 10 January 2015
Adams is a great author, I bought most of his books as they are easy to read and follow. He also provides excellent content in this book.
on 25 May 2013
Very useful for my studies. Clear succint explanations. Easy to use and reference - invaluable for my studies in social work.
on 12 June 2013
Book came exactly as stated, very useful for the work im doing throughout my degree. I'm sure I will continue to use it!
on 11 August 2014