- Check out big titles at small prices with our Chart Offers in DVD & Blu-ray. Find more great prices in our Top Offers Store.
- Note: Blu-ray discs are in a high definition format and need to be played on a Blu-ray player.
- Important Information on Firmware Updates: Having trouble with your Blu-ray disc player? Will certain discs just not play? You may need to update the firmware inside your player. Click here to learn more.
Crimson Wing [Blu-ray] 
Get £1 Off Amazon Video*
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
One lake, a million birds, an incredible story...
In a remote and forgotten wilderness, one of nature's last great mysteries unfolds: the birth, life and death of a million crimson-winged flamingos. Against a dramatic backdrop of never-before filmed landscapes, these secretive birds struggle to survive and prevail over danger and fate. This inspiring story, set in the extraordinary 'otherworld' of Lake Natrona in northern Tanzania, the cradle of humankind, reminds us: here on earth is a universe waiting to be discovered.
Lake Natron Diaries - Behind The Crimson Wing:
- Life at the Camp
- Life of the Flamingo
- Making of
- Lake Natron
- Living Planet: Educational information about the places featured in the film.
- Crimson Wing Screensaver: This dynamically edited piece, set to the fantastic score of the film, will provide a loop on your HD Television, providing an artistic look at the landscape and beauty of the film.
- Filmmaker Annotations: These in-movie pop-ups provide an expanded experience of the film from the filmmaker’s point of view. Through interesting facts and quotes from the directors themselves, this extra layer of knowledge enhances the viewing experience by providing an inside look at the creation The Crimson Wing.
Harking back to the nature films that regularly used to inhabit video rental shops, Crimson Wing sees Disney revisiting a successful strand of its past. Under the Disney Nature banner, the documentary focuses on Lake Natron in northern Tanzania. There, directors Matthew Aeberhard and Leander Ward point their cameras at a real sight of natural beauty: flamingos. Lots and lots of flamingos.
The film traces the life cycle of flamingos in a measured, absorbing, non-flashy manner, and that helps make Crimson Wing such a fascinating watch. And inevitably, it really comes into its own on Blu-ray. There’s a mixture of photography styles employed by the film, and the stunning, often-packed shots look simply superb with the aid of the 1080p transfer on offer. It’s the kind of disc that easily reminds you why you forked out for a high definition television in the first place.
Don’t write off the audio, either. While Crimson Wing features a fine voiceover narration track, it also boasts some suitably enchanting music that the uncompressed audio on the disc greedily makes the most of. It’s an involving piece of work, and the surround sound track aids that in a subtle but definite way.
Best of all though, Crimson Wing shines a light on creatures that don’t often feature in the limelight. And this fascinating glimpse into the lives of flamingos deserves to be watched time and time again. --Jon Foster
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
The at times annoying soundtrack which would be better being left out for periods allowing the calls of the flamingos themselves to be more noticed and silly words used by the narrator Mariella Fostrup who's voice does suit and add to the film but the script she reads left me baffled - saying a flamingo chick was grooming rather than preening! the fact that the larger greater flamingos nest among the lessers is also missed out.
Would recommend to everyone that love real story told in nature.