Colour Name: BlackChange

on 5 February 2014
I looked at a lot of B'Tth speakers and in the end plumped for this one as I know creative aren't bad at all. In fact they're very good. I only wanted something for upstairs when tidying up etc and this delivers well. I know I could've gone all out and spent a fortune on a Bose speaker and I'm sure I would've been swept away by the grandeur and celestial experience that the sound would have rewarded me with, but I wasn't going to spend over £100 to get high on sound! If you by this speaker you won't get a celestial Bose experience but what you will get is a speaker rich in bass and an all round great quality sound. This speaker does deliver exceptionally well and didn't distort when loud either. It has a really good rich sound.
I love this speaker and am very happy with it.
I have never had a Bose speaker but have heard them in action. They are really good and If Bose would like to GIVE me one of their lovely speakers FREE I would never say no and I'm sure I would write them a wonderfully celestial review, but for now in my limited budget and real world not dream world life, I have to say that this speaker, although not Bose, is not a disappointment at all. I love it! It's my new family member but bottom line is this:
If you want a Bose quality sound then you probably need to spend a Bose quality price, but if you want a more down to earth price then this Creative speaker is very very good and not at all disappointing.
TOP 50 REVIEWERon 28 October 2011
Colour Name: BlackVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The "Creative D80 Pure Wireless Bluetooth Speaker System" works a treat.

As its advertising says it is quite compact - but powerful. It is about the size of a small marrow (!) but packs quite a meaty punch in the sound department.

It works, so the advertising says, up to 10m - though as with all Bluetooth devices it needs a clear path (it stops working if you take your device into another room and have walls in-between you and the speaker!)

My version is a slick black - almost the entire surface of the front is taken up with the "speaker". The entire front includes just a small panel with three other "inputs".

There is an "Aux In" jack for an mp3 player, phone or other device if you want to use this speaker conventionally (i.e. if your music playing device does not have Bluetooth capabilities).

There is a "+" & "-" button to turn up/down the volume.
Lastly is the Bluetooth button. You will need to press and hold this for 3 seconds before your device will find this unit.
There is a mains lead input into the back and an on/off switch.
And that is that!

It comes with minimal instructions (very few are really needed) - but in 18 different languages - just in case you wanted to know what the Polish for "Quick Start Guide" is (it's Szybki Start"!)

All in all, a nicely built Bluetooth speaker, works perfectly and the sound is clear and powerful.
11 comment88 of 97 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 May 2014
Bought these for my daughter's room now she has outgrown her little CD player. She connected her iPad and ipod to the speakers in a matter of minutes and can now switch between the two sources at the touch of a button. Sound is perfectly adequate for her room and she is delighted with them.
on 24 May 2014
I bought this because the internal speakers in my laptop stopped working and I didn't want to use headphones or attach speaker cables to my set up. It was very quick and easy to “pair” it with my blue tooth enabled laptop and get going. The sound reproduction is very good for what it is and what it cost; it is obviously not top notch hi fi but is much superior to the internal laptop speakers and it packs a lot more “punch” in terms of volume.
The speaker works really well with all the audio outputs on my laptop. It did not work at all with Skpe until I discovered I needed to alter the Skpe audio settings by switching the audio output to the Creative 80 instead of to the internal laptop speakers. Once done, it worked fine with Skpe. The instructions do make a general reference to the possible need to change audio output settings in some cases.
I find that the speaker does not respond to the DTS sound system adjustments in my particular laptop (bass boost, surround sound etc); these only seem to work with the internal speakers or headphones. However, the quality is good enough for me as it is without these refinements. It does respond to the Microsoft sound adjustments accessible via the control panel on my Windows 8 laptop which offer 3 enhancements – bass boost, headphone virtualisation and loudness equalisation - and these can modify its sound reproduction according to taste.
The speaker is mains operated and does not use batteries which suits me personally since it saves having to keep charging or replacing batteries.
At £32 and post free, this purchase was almost certainly cheaper than getting my laptop repaired. It has proved an excellent, wireless-free solution to my problem which has also enhanced the listening experience. As an added bonus, it also works well with my tablet and mobile phone. It was definitely a very good buy for me.
on 13 July 2013
Was looking for something for my iphone5 to play music in my livingroom. Due to the change from the 30 pin connector I decided to go for a Bluetooth speaker instead. Was looking at ones from around £80 upwards, but like most folk I don't have too much money.

I came across this and decided at around £30 it would be worth a go. Like always, received it when expected and well parcelled.

Wasn't expecting too much at about £30. Looks not too bad and a nice size. Opened the box and in a couple of minutes it was all set up and ready to play my music through my phone. Very easy to set up which is always good when you just want to sit and play with your new toy :).

As I said I wasn't expecting much, but the sound for me is great. You have volume control at the front of the speakers as well as with your phone app. The one reason for me to feel safe when buying it was in the knowledge it is a Creative product. They didn't disappoint :).

I know some folk, who are seriously into their music and want major sounds and to tweak the bass etc, will have some negative comments, but then people who are so into their music shouldn't really be buying a £30 Bluetooth speaker! I tried to find something negative to write but I really can't. You must write in perspective and for a £30 Bluetooth speaker, this is a fantastic buy.

Sound is great, volume is great (unless maybe you like it at the max to annoy your neighbours), price is amazing, and I would defo buy another one. I guess the only thing I want to figure out is how to set an alarm on my phone so it plays through the speaker. If I can sort that out I will be buying another one soon :).
on 17 November 2015
- Despite assurances in the manual this product doesn't actually connect to many devices
- Bluetooth drops in and out
- Entire unit switches itself off randomly

Poor poor product!
on 30 November 2014
After getting a Bluetooth audio adapter for our main hifi, this was bought for the lady & I for use in the bedroom. We looked at several devices however when for the Creative as it looked small (but not crazily small), was from a reputable brand and was a bargain price!

When unpacking the unit we were very pleased with the sturdy build quality. The plastic casing seemed strong, the unit itself is suitably heavy and the speaker fabric seems durable. We had a look at other models in store and they were in no way as sturdy.

The unit is easy to pair with devices and the button on the front allows easy pairing. Within in minute we'd paired it with the our various i-devices and my lady's Nokia Windows Phone. Sound is very good, admittedly more medium-fi than hifi but this was expected.

One thing we found is that on pause my iPad 2 and iPhone 5c omit a light pulsating sound through the D80 when paused or silent, however during normal playback this is not audible. This pulsating cant be heard when the Nokia Windows Phone is connected, so must assume its an Apple thing...

Best news is the power lead, it uses a standard figure-of-8 power lead, not some over-sized wall-wart transformer. I'm very pleased with the device and would recommend it for filling any small or medium sized room. Thank you Amazon!
on 15 March 2013
Bought one for my son who uses it to listen to music etc streamed from his tablet. Not one of the fruit variety, for the same reason I bought this and not a Bose or Sonos product, it's 1/8th of the price and delivers pretty much the same functionality when paired with your smartphone/tablet etc.

A number of comments have been made about the sound quality by other reviews, do bare in mind that this unit is £30, not £250-£500, and the sound quality for the price and size is very respectable. In fact it comes out very favorably in comparison with a friends Bose, apart from that being heavier you struggle to tell what the extra £220 was for.

Secondly When used in the right environment, eg a bedroom / kitchen etc it delivers well, as a parent I'd prefer my kids to have this than the JBL studio monitors I moved into my bedroom when I was a kid (the horror my parents must of felt!).

I suspect most peoples digital music collection is from sites like this or the fruity variety or streamed off the net so it's already compressed mid-fi anyway this kit is cheap, easy to use and delivers adequately on the sound front, Audiophiles look elsewhere but when used in the right environment it's great.
0Comment38 of 46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 January 2013
First of all, let's remember the price of this speaker, it is a budget item and I bought it with the intention of trying out blue tooth speakers for the first time, having just moved all my music collection to MP3. My intention is to proove the technology with a cheap speaker but hopefully still good enough to upgrade the main system and use the cheap one in secondary locations (kitchen, garage, workshop etc).

The Creative D80 certainly fits the bill. Arrived in good time, well packaged and what had been worrying me was setting it up and getting a conection, as I am not the most advanced tech guy. Connection was a dream, plug in, swith on, read the very simple instructions, press the button for a few seconds, scan bluetooth on my Samsung Galaxy and I am connected with no hastle whatsoever. The connecton lasts, is stable and easy to re-connect after switching off. Other devices connect with the same ease.

Sounds quality is basic but adequate, and certainly good enough for the price. Not really good enough for a quality installation, so having prooved the system I will now spend more money on a premium blue tooth speaker for quality listening in the main room and move this Creation D80 to the secondary location as above.

Well worth the money and easy to use.
on 16 April 2013
This was just as described. Came in good time. Good sound. Loud. Bluetooth works well. Got this as a present for my boyfriend and he loved it.