on 24 April 2011
Written by Academics for Academics, not very user friendly. It omits detailed explanations that should not have been omitted, resulting in a time costuming and slow progress study. However it covers in scientific detail a lot of geotechnical processes.
on 8 June 2015
I brought this text back in 2007 as a student. I've now been a geotechnical engineer for over 5 years and I still refer to it on a daily basis. (My copy is covered in muddy thumb prints!) After having read several soil mechanics books (Smith, Atkinson, etc.) this is still my favourite.
on 28 November 2010
A brilliant tool. The beauty of soils is encapsulated in this comprehensive expose`. Those of you who feel that the study of soils in such detail should be the exclusive domain of engineers-think again. As an archaeologist, I have found this beautifully crafted work both informative and inspiring. I now see my working environment in so many different ways! I always knew that dirt was cool but had no idea that dirt could be this sexy!
on 28 April 2015
good condition and excellent value
on 6 April 2016
It will help a lots, thanks