Size: 34 inches, Regular|Colour: Bark|Change
Price:£23.89+ Free shipping

on 15 May 2012
These trousers are very well made, and took a lot of punishment recently on the Isle of Skye.
They are not totally waterproof, but dry very quickly.
I found the side leg pocket very good for keeping my wallet and mobile phone with no problems even though it only had a Velcro strip.
I will also get another pair with a fleece lining for those colder trips.
on 7 December 2012
My only criticism of the elephant craghoppers is that the finish wasn't as good as the navy and black ones that I bought at roughly the same time. Several lose threads. Whether this effects their longevity we'll have to wait and see. Maybe, this pair was what we used to call a "monday morning car". Hence only 4 stars this time. One slightly substandard pair wont stop me recommending these excellent trousers.
on 18 April 2013
These are really great trousers.
I use them for cycling every day and got them as replacements for ones that had worn out.
Dry out well after rain and have a load of really useful pockets.
Good on the bike too - baggy enough for cycling,.
on 16 April 2013
I love these trousers - great for walking but everyday wear as well - also great for travelling. the zipped pockets give additional security and the large cargo packet are ideal for maps, passports, phones, etc etc Easy to wash and dry and very comfortable.
on 5 June 2014
Originally bought for a friend but I tried them on and kept them.
Perfect fit (for a woman as opposed to a man)
The extra room in hip area made them better for me.
Good material length true to size to I was happy.
on 3 May 2013
It's not actually a bad pair of trousers but, compared to what they used to be like, just not as good. Still the same "generous" cut as the old version.I certainly wouldn't pay full price for it! so, what's changed?

Pro:
* Wider belt loops. Makes it easier to insert and remove belt; makes it easier to use a wider belt if required -- and it is!

Con:
* Light-weight belt webbing. This means that, under tension, it distorts so it is like a piece of cord; uncomfortable.
* The bars on the "male" bit of the belt buckle are inadequate and break under tension.
* Shallow pockets. They've reduced the depth of the hip pockets (as measured from the bottom of the slit opening) from 14cm to 8cm. Even handkerchiefs fall out just from normal walking around. This renders the unzipped pocket worse than useless; the zipped one is just about tolerable.

Frankly, given that the cost of an item like this is mostly in the labour, not the fabric, it is royally idiotic to reduce the quality of what was once a very good product just to save a few square centimetres of fabric. Irritating decision!

Edit, 2014 Jan 01: The stitching on the cargo pocket is beginning to come undone. This is unacceptable for something that is only 8 months old and is probably a consequence of cheap manufacturing and poor quality control: I have two other pairs of Craghopper trousers, both of which I have had since 1999; one of them has been really badly abused (caving, sailing, etc), but the pocket stitching is still intact.
1212 comments|163 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 November 2011
I bought these trousers primarily for outdoor walking and they are superbly comfortable and practicle for this purpose. However, I have also worn them as part of a 'smart casual' look for going out and for simple everyday wear. I would definately buy more of these trousers in aother colours if my size is available. Yet again delivery was nice and quick, thanks to Amazon Prime.
VINE VOICEon 12 June 2011
Well known classic walking trousers, reliable and not too expensive- especially via Amazon- Comfortable in use, very useful extra pockets two with zips for security of personal items, very quick drying after walking through showers. Tough, hard wearing and pretty much thorn proof, also tidy enough to not need changing after a walk, straight to the pub looking cool and casual. the best of what's available.
on 30 July 2012
These craghopper walking trousers which as I write this down i am wearing the same.
Are a very comfortable fit. Amazon was the only outlet I was able to find that had the colour and sizing that I required.
At a price that was very fair and did not hurt the pocket to much.
on 29 August 2013
These trousers (two pairs bought) tick many boxes - they are comfortable, have plenty of 'secure' pockets and are comfortable to walk in. So what's the problem? In short two principle grouses - the normal front pockets are far too shallow to keep anything in with confidence (although you can use the internal zipped pockets - which I do) and the belt if close to useless - going 'stringy' and the buckle failing under the slightest pressure. Good trousers spoiled by cost-cutting (?) lack of thought {?}. Come on Craghoppers, get your game back!