Format: Paperback|Change

on 27 November 2012
Another engrossing read from Dr Drew Pinsky.

He writes about his experiences working as a Medic at the Pasadena Unit from which he works.

Dr Drew writes with a humour and sensitivity and compassion which encourages the reader not just to feel compassion for the individuals attending rehab but he also writes as a medical professional committed to his patients.

Dr Drew writes anout his own dilemmas; of his frustration when insurance companies will not continue to finance an individuals recovery; about losing a patient and his own pain and questioning of his own practise, could he have done more?

He writes with great compassion and insight. For those of us who have watched Celebrity Rehab it was everything I could have hoped for. A very quick, easy and engrossing read.
on 9 February 2013
a heartfelt and honest book looking at mental health and its struggles
there are no magic solutions offered ,just connecting with meaningful others
and handing your problems over to a higher power.dr drew is often described as a narcissist
i dont see any of it in his writings,i see an honest open caring man who is aware of
his own weaknessess and failings.i wish he was my doctor!great book
on 7 June 2015
I am a huge fan of Dr Drew and loveline so I read this book to learn more about addiction behaviour.

It was written well and you could tell the author poured his heart out and really shared his experiences with the reader. I would have liked if the book was longer as I found it so fascinating.
on 30 December 2012
Loved this book. I had watched several series of "Celebrity Rehab" with Dr Drew on TV and was interested to read his book. It is candid and informative about addiction, as well as being very accessible and well written. He comes across as modest and insightful about himself and others.